The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a doe who is supposedly bred in November, they gave me an “early spring” answer when I asked when she was due. I do think she’s pregnant, she’s much wider than she was when I purchased her and hasn’t come into season. It looks to me as if the kids have “dropped” in the last week and my wether has been very affectionate toward her (he is my herd “protector” lol) But she has no udder? Guess I’m just asking opinions/experience with how long your does have looked like the kids dropped until they actually kidded? She a Nigerian Dwarf. I can get pictures in the morning.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Welcome to TGS!
If your doe was bred in November, her kidding should be in April. That's if the info you got was correct.
Photos would help!
Thanks! I'm not sure if that's when she was bred. I should have worded that differently. They told me she was running with a buck before I got her but the buck was sold at that point so she would have been bred in late October/early November. I picked her up around Thanksgiving. So I think we're looking at later in March or early in April. She has not come into season but I have always had udder development in all my does this late in pregnancy. So that has me wondering I will take pics in the morning! Here she is the day I got her in the meantime. Just because she's cute
IMG_3619.jpg
her name is Fern

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Thanks! I'm not sure if that's when she was bred. I should have worded that differently. They told me she was running with a buck before I got her but the buck was sold at that point so she would have been bred in late October/early November. I picked her up around Thanksgiving. So I think we're looking at later in March or early in April. She has not come into season but I have always had udder development in all my does this late in pregnancy. So that has me wondering I will take pics in the morning! Here she is the day I got her in the meantime. Just because she's cute View attachment 200599 her name is Fern
Is that a manga behind her? Also... it may not be wise to keep pigs with the goats. Pigs are predator and goats are prey.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Aw, she’s a cutie!
My does we’re bred Nov. 1, they’re due March 26th. Both are FF and both have bellies and udder development. They are also nigies. If there’s no visible signs by the 15th I would send blood in to confirm because she really should be showing something by now. Ginny was long and lean before getting pregnant much like your doe but not any more. You can see pics in my waiting thread to compare if you want.

I hope she is preggo for you though and she’s doing a great job hiding a little doeling for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Is that a manga behind her? Also... it may not be wise to keep pigs with the goats. Pigs are predator and goats are prey.
Yea it was, thanks for the concern, this was her previous home. I snapped it as soon as I saw her coming to me. I don't own pigs. They didn't know much about goats. Her hooves were in nasty shape too. She's all healthy now though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts