Kadabra day 131 Getting Close :) Hallie and Cinnamon day 87

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Firestone Creek Farm, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    Here are pics of Kadabra on what should be day 131. And no udder development yet, and I cannot tell that she's any larger this past week or so. She does seem lower though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and here are pics of Hallie and Cinnamon both at day 87. Hallie is HUGE already. This is her and Kadabra's first freshening, so I hope she's not carrying quints or something. What do you think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Hallie looks so huge.. was she overweight before you had her bred at all?

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I don't think Kadabra is pregnant. She should have a least a softball sized udder under there by now.

Hallie and Cinnamon look much more promising but I don't think you'll have to worry about quints. I have had triplets out of a first freshener who did not look big enough to have that many. They did just great. She nursed all 3.

4. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    I agree with Ashley...

5. Firestone Creek Farm

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    Well, Ashley, I certainly hope she's preg. :) I HOPE! I swear I think I felt something squirming around in there this morning. I am totally new at this though, so it could have been something else, I guess, but it felt like a little leg moving under my hand--more than a flutter. She's acting the same way that the other two act... all three are kinda like "leave me alone" where they were all lovey and begging for attention before. Now they will accept the attention when they have to, but they don't "look" for it, if you know what I mean. I guess we'll see what happens! If she doesn't freshen this time, then I guess it's time for a trip to the vet to see what's going on. :( She's been in heat and bred repeatedly, and she's more than receptive to the boys, so maybe it's a hormonal issue or something. Sheesh... well, let's see whether she's hiding someone in there or not. X your fingers that she is. :)

And Amos... Hallie was not overweight before getting pregnant. She is a wide doe like her mom, but she wasn't overweight. So, that just makes me assume she's going to have more babies than the norm, because she's not been eating like crazy or anything either--at least not that I've noticed.

Angie

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Some does tend to pack on the baby weight fast and hang in there with it but may not have a large litter necessarily. Others can seem slim forever and pop out quads. Just like people. Some people can look skinny and not pregnant and others blow up like balloons. :p So I'm sure she'll have a surprise in there for you no matter what she's carrying.

Most of my girls by day 130 have been getting a bit of an udder for a couple weeks. May not be large by any means and sometimes its easier to feel than to see, but somethings there. As for movement. I never bother with that. They have too much rumen activity and gas to really be accurate so its easier not to bother. Only time you can be sure its a kid is if you feel a very hard foot stick out. Not any fluttering or softer movements.

Good luck. I know the frustrations of having a doe settle when you really want her to and I know what its like to try and settle a doe who keeps coming in heat too. Hope she gives you some babies!

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I hope Kadabra is preggy...and like Ashley said, if she is that close to her DD, she should have some bit of udder going...I was nervous as all get out when I was hoping my doe Binky would deliver the beginning of January....at Christmastime last year, she had a baseball size udder, and well she didn't deliver til the 23rd of January with my pygmy bucks kids and had an udder the size of a small grapefruit a week before (needless to say, the first DD on her was with my nigi buck, which was what she was supposed to have!)

Kadabra could just be a bit earlier in her pregnancy than you think....as far as your "big" FF...she does have a ways to go, I hope she does give you triplets.....and BTW..They are all so pretty!

8. Firestone Creek Farm

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    It is always possible that Kadabra has a date a week later. I guess we'll see what happens. X your fingers! The first time was out of Hollywood, but the second go round was with Marco. I'd rather have the Hollywood babies, but Marco is nice, too. He's just REALLY small and his conformation isn't as good as Hollywood's.

Thanks for the advice Ashley. :) I need as much as I can get!

And thanks for the compliments on my goaties! I love 'em to pieces.

9. Firestone Creek Farm

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    Well, still no change in Kadabra's udder. :( AND I still can't tell any change in the pooch either like I can in the other two. I'm starting to think she's not preg, even though she's gained some weight. I guess we'll see in the next week or so, since today is day 140 if she's bred. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh... how frustrating!

I'm pretty sure on Cinnamon and Hallie. Both are growing and even though there's no udder yet, both have puffy pooches that are a little pink and pouty instead of just a slit. I took more pics a while ago, but I won't post them unless I need to. I had a hard time getting pics of Kadabra. She doesn't want to stand still. Ligs are still there though and everything else remains the same. She's a LITTLE poofy in the pooch but not much and it's dark colored so I can't tell much more. I wonder if she's resorbing.

Now, where do I order preg tests from so if she isn't preg I can tell next time and know whether she's resorbing or not?

10. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    You could get pregnancy tests done by taking a blood sample and sending it into BioTracking. http://www.biotracking.com

It's really easy to do (if you know how to pull blood). If not, then you could probably find someone who knows how to.