Kadabra... Prego or not?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Firestone Creek Farm, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    Ok all... here's some more pics of Kadabra. Obviously, she wasn't pregnant before, so the first pic on this is a pic from july when she was NOT preg. The other pics were taken a few days ago. She should be around 94 days along if she took the first time she was bred. She could be a little less than that if she didn't take the first time. What do you think? Preg or not?

[​IMG]

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I'm going to say probably not. . . . but I'm also not the best at the "pooch test".

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    looks the same, or very similar, could be wrong. ?

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I am going to say yes

5. Firestone Creek Farm

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    you know something? she doesn't really have any udder development yet, but her teats seem to be elongating a LITTLE bit... not much. HOWEVER, I caught one of the other does trying to nurse from her today!!!!! Since it's rut, they've all been acting a bit crazy, but anyone else ever have younger does try to nurse an older doe?

And I'm REALLY hoping she's preg. She does seem wider, especially the way she's carrying her weight around. She's put on a few pounds and seems thicker through the middle. I keep trying to feel for movement, but she's a wiggler, not to mention the fact that everyone else tries to interrupt, thinking she's getting extra attention. They ALL start nibbling on me,thinking I'm giving her hugs... hahaha

angie

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    What's the latest her due date could be? I don't really think she looks to be 94 days along. Going from what our goats look like at that time.

Man, do I know how that is!! The goats all fight over who gets the most attention. . . . it's really funny and sweet but can be rather annoying especially when you're trying to get stuff done. ;)

7. Firestone Creek Farm

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    July 26th was the first time she was bred, but then she came back into heat again about a week later and was bred again on the 31st. BUT on August 10th she was acting like she was in heat again, so I put her in with Hollywood again; he DID breed her once, but she wasn't "standing" for him. I've wondered all along if she's bred, because she acts such a tease all of the time. I do know that her hormones are prob going nuts, but she hangs around the boys fence ALL of the time, begging for... well, you know. HAHA! And she's rather blatant about it, backing her rear up to the fence and everything, even calling to them. But she does it CONSTANTLY, so it's not a definite 'heat' like she had before.