The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hits just keep coming for Karla:
She lost her doe kid at birth this morning...
She now has a nodule on her jaw, right by her lymph node, from one day to the next it has come from nothing, about 3cm in diameter.
The whole of her left udder was not full of milk but mastitis pus, thick cream coloured and giving a very clear positive on the mastitis test.
I am now afraid that she might have CL

·
Registered
31,049 Posts
Oh Im sorry to hear about Karlas bad day!! If the lump is on the jaw line, its most likely not CL. Can you post a picture? Maybe a tooth abscess?
What are you doing for the Mastitis?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh Im sorry to hear about Karlas bad day!! If the lump is on the jaw line, its most likely not CL. Can you post a picture? Maybe a tooth abscess?
What are you doing for the Mastitis?
Milked her completely dry on both sides, will be doing that twice daily...
Washing her teats with hydrogen peroxide and dipping her teats in it before and after milking.
Will be massaging her udder and teats to increase blood flow and rubbing in peppermint oil as well.
Hopefully it will help clear it up, as we don't have acces to meds that would help dry her up.
Will be testing her daily on both teats until she tests negative on both sides.

·
Registered
31,049 Posts
Keeping her empty is good. She needs antibiotics infused. Do you have Penicillin? Or can you get it or Tomorrow mastitis treatment?
Also I would feed her Fresh raw garlic as well as use as a rub on the udder. And Daily Vit C, both will help her boost her immune system and fight infection. If you have access to quality Essential oils we can advise on that as well but she will need more than just milking her out other wise the infection is not killed off and she will freshen again with mastitis.
I also feed back the milk from infected side once I can get a clean sample..no blood or pus. About 30 cc daily for 3 days can help her body detect bacteria and make antibodies to help her fight.

Reactions: Lindan
1 - 5 of 5 Posts