Karma kidded a doe!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Perfect7, May 24, 2010.

1. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    Re: Karma's kidding thread (IN LABOR!)

Karma is definitely in labor after waking me up this morning! She has heavy streaming and constant yelling, should have babies before noon!!!! :cool:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

it should fill more as she is in labor

thats probably why all your goats were crying this morning if she is in labor ;)

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009

Holy sh*t!!! She's enormous! Poor girl. lol Easy labor vibes! :D

4. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Awww how awesome P7!!!! When I read your post before going out to take care of my goaties I was thinking 'something has to be up with them' I've watched some of the videos on youtube, and in some you can hear the other goats yelling and going crazy! At least your herd will notify you if anything is going on! If something is up here, everyone runs to the gate yelling like an alarm LOL

She is definitely huge in those pics! I love her expression in the first one as she's looking back at you!, and then the next one - she's got her ears in such a manner as if to say 'can a girl have some privacy here?' LOL

So glad she has gone into labor! I can't wait to hear all about it and see some pics!!!

5. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia

So far one baby girl born at 10:05 with white body and red head and...blue eyes! She seems like contractions are starting up again and doesn't look empty, so hopefully at least two in there!!! The girl came out in perfect presentation and within a couple minutes, and she's pretty big. Will weigh later! Already up and nursing Karma. :leap:
    And her udder did fill in more right after baby was born. Yes, that's why they were all crying this morning!

6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009

Oh wow! Congrats! I didn't know Boers could have blue eyes, that's neat :D

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

kids eyes look blue when born but change to brown usually. Blue eyes are a fault in the boer breed. but a mix breed could have them yes.

congrats on the new girl, I assume there will be more ;)

8. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    Re: Karma's kidded a doe!

I was just wondering if they were born blue and turned brown! Karma passed the afterbirth at 11:20, so I'm assuming she's done! Baby weighs 8 lbs according to our digital home scale, not sure how accurate that is. I'm watching Karma and baby on the monitor now to let them rest, but once the placenta is delivered that's it, right?
    Going to shrink a picture of baby and post it. The wait and drama is finally over, and now I know Karma's sure sign of impending labor: The war cry of the herd. :p

9. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Awwww CONGRATS!!!!!! How exciting! Everything sounds like it went very smoothly! I can't wait to see pics of your new baby girl! And the war cry....hilarious! I hope our herd alerts me whenever our kids decide to make an appearance <if ever LOL>.

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Congrats that is super.... :thumb: :hug: If she passed her afterbirth....and is acting normal...no distress... then ...she should be done....I you think... she may have any others in there ...if she is still open..... go in and check or if you know how to bounce a doe..... you can check her that way..... :wink: Can't wait to see pics.....I love the boers.... :love:

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

wow just one? I think your doe needs to go on a diet :p ;)

congrats on the successful kidding :D

12. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia

I was thinking the same thing, Stacey. Just one? I kept waiting and waiting. I guess I went a little overboard trying to fatten her up since she was a stick two months ago when she came home. Too many midnight bags of fritos for her!
    And Hoosier, that war cry woke me up out of a dead sleep. I thought somebody was dying! Thankfully it was something pleasant and I can quit listening to my horses pass gas all night. :roll:
    And she is resting comfortably, no distress and ate some grain. She and baby both appear to be enjoying getting to know each other after the wait. She's an excellent mother, even lifting her leg to allow the doeling to nurse and fussing over her.

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I had a boer... that was huge like that.... she to... gave me... 1 kid....I was so sure ....she should have another one in there.... so... I went in and checked....but no...she was done....it is truly strange.... that they get that big and just give 1 baby..... :thumb:

I am so glad....they are doing great..... boers are great momma's...and some are so careful and loving to their kid(s)...it is so beautiful to watch .... :hug: :thumb:

14. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    Today my girl got a great big udder, to where I can truly see what filled and strutted means. Oh yeah, she could definitely pass for dairy! Guess I have to have the odd doe who really fills in after she delivers. She thinks she's slick. Next year I have her number! :p

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    HeHe.... :laugh: :thumbup:

16. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    LOL So glad to hear her utter is so nice! Now watch, next year she will do the total opposite LOL

17. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    She probably will, and be quiet as a mouse when she starts labor. But next year, I will know when she is due and save us both a lot of grief. :p Hey Hoosier, I just noticed we both even joined the same day!

18. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Wow I hadn't noticed that! Very cool! I absolutely LOVE this forum and everyone here, such a great group of people! :thumbup: I know I would be soooo lost, and out of my mind! Just look at all the posts I've started with 'this issue' and 'that issue'!