Kassie Ann

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Coraxfeather, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Anyoen else exspecting a foal this spring??

My first foal ever and I can not waite. I have a feeling I am going to be worse when her time comes around. I can nto wiate as is right now.

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I had a foal born in April 08 - and I swear I will NEVER do that again - :roll: It was difficult to do "all the right things", at least for me. But over here we have alot of horses that are being put down, turned loose, or sent for dog food or even human food, because people can not afford to feed them and there is a surplus.

I was fortunate to have him sold within an hour of posting him for sale - but, I don't ever want to do that again.... just IMHO. I got kicked, bit, stepped on and all kinds of things.

3. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    I am expecting a miniature foal, bought the mare bred and don't have an exact due date, but should be in May sometime. Not my first foal, but my first miniature foal! I'm excited too! About the time I finish up kidding I'll have the foal to look forward to!

4. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Just to let everyone know I am keeping the foal no matter what it is. And this foal was a unexspected surprise. I was looking for another horse to train to be a show animal and now I got one I am going to be training from the ground up.

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    That's exciting! Foals are so much fun,,,except in Allison's case where her's was a "rowdy" one. :ROFL: We don't have any due this year, but we'll be breeding a couple mares back for 2010 foals.

6. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    We had three foals this year.

A cute fuzzy little filly from a mini horse mare by a welshie stallion
    An ugly little colt from our Aust. riding pony mare by the arab stallion
    A nice little filly from a standardbred mare by the arab stallion. This one was a bit of a weird situation because we didnt realise the mare had foaled for about a day, I think she layed down against the yard panels and spat it through, then when it got up it walked the wrong direction and way sitting really quietly at the bottom of the yards before I realised it. The horse wasnt making any sort of a fuss :roll: first time mother. didnt help that the mare had hardly any milk, so we were topping it up with a bottle. Also, she was scared of it because the pony mare had kicked the crap out of her when she looked at the colt :roll: Anyway, at about four or five days old, it rejected its bottle in the morning, by lunchtime it was laying flat and unresponsive, by the afternoon it was dead. Not really sure why :?