Katahdin Lambs available in Perkiomenville PA

Discussion in 'Other Animals For Sale' started by whatknott, Mar 24, 2009.

1. whatknott

whatknott New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Since I do a lot of bottlefeeding, people sometimes will call with their problem babies. Today a lady called me with Katahdin triplets and mother had died (apparently internal bleeding). She's going through a tough situation in her personal life and just felt she couldn't handle taking care of them. They are all rams. I have them here, but with my own babies, I really don't want to keep them. They are free if someone can get them soon. The only requirement is that they must be neutered.
    Anyone interested?

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    are they all white? do you have pictures?

3. whatknott

whatknott New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I thought of you Stacey and your white lambs! no, they're not - two are brown and one is white with some brown. I do have a white ewe lamb that I may consider selling. Her father is a babydoll and her mother is a friesan/dorper cross. I have two of these milking sheep. The one had twins and are real tiny (which the frisean dopers are usually around 4-6 pounds at birth but get to be big sheep); however the other one had a single and it is getting tons of milk from the ewe, so she is going to probably be bigger than I prefer to keep. Let me know if you're interested in her. I have been trying to supplement her with a bottle to see if she will become tamer, but so far her belly is so full that she seldom will take it - however the other day she did come over when I was feeding the others and wanted the bottle - so there's hope if you want to switch her to a bottle.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  5. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    What do they look like?? How big do they get?? My boss is asking about them.

6. whatknott

whatknott New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    they look like goats and they get big - but someone has taken them.