Katie & the Go Gos

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by DebMc, Jan 17, 2010.

1. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Here's a video of my goats doing tricks for treats. To think that just a few months ago Katie and Allison were running wild on the reservation and now they're performing pets. Trin, the doeling, is as quick to learn as she is eager to work. She came from a fiber farm and has only been with us a little over a month. They all are so much fun and I'm so proud of how well the two range does have adjusted to captivity, I just had to share.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1GCLhTX3kY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1GCLhTX3kY[/ame]

Deb Mc

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is fantastic... :thumb: .great job....they are so smart.... and real nice looking... :wink: :greengrin: :thumbup:

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    How awesome! What treats are you giving them? They're all about those huh? lol

I'm jealous of your weather! We had, yet another, ice storm all day yesterday. I'm so sick of winter. :sigh:

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Goats are very smart....your girls are so pretty!

It's great when they learn what you try and teach them...your reaction with the "hoof shake" shows that all that teaching/learning is very rewarding :hug:

5. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Thanks for all the nice compliments! The girls work for peanuts, literally. Unsalted in the shell. They're all very food motivated. Katie and Trin also crave human attention. My reaction to Trin's hoof shake on cue was total surprise as we had just started working on that yesterday morning. One maybe 2 minute session, come back 8 hours later and she remembered! Goats really are intelligent critters, aren't they? Ah-h-h, the power of peanuts! :laugh:

Deb Mc

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Amazing............. :thumbup: :greengrin:

7. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    THAT ROCKS!!!! I really enjoyed that!