The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have 1 registered doe... I bought her registered. Do I need to renew the papers every year, or once registered always registered?

Can you register a kid if the father is registered? Mother is not registered.

And how much does everything cost?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I only have 1 registered doe... I bought her registered. Do I need to renew the papers every year, or once registered always registered?

Can you register a kid if the father is registered? Mother is not registered.

And how much does everything cost?
I'm still kinda new to goats, as far as I know and anybody correct me if I'm wrong.
You need to register her into your name. Then once she's in your name she's yours and u don't need to register again
You can register the kids as a 50% because the father is registered and mother is not.
If your a member of ABGA it cost 5 or 10$ to transfer paper to your name.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you transfer the registration into your name? You only have to do that once.
No, I had no Idea i needed to, thanks. So then she is just registered forever? Don't have to renew her every year?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm still kinda new to goats, as far as I know and anybody correct me if I'm wrong.
You need to register her into your name. Then once she's in your name she's yours and u don't need to register again
You can register the kids as a 50% because the father is registered and mother is not.
If your a member of ABGA it cost 5 or 10$ to transfer paper to your name.
Thank you

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Registered forever :) If you are a member with ABGA it is $5 to transfer any goat into your name.

Any doe kid out of a registered fullblood buck, can be registered as 50% no matter if the dam is registered or even the same breed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts