Kelly G

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by jdgray716, Jan 3, 2010.

1. I just realized I was born in Tampa Fl. One more thing we have in common. I can't beleive I did not see that. Small world. Shoot, we could actually know a lot of people. In fact I know you know the farm I was raised on, Turkey Creek Stables.

Well, just thought I'd add that bit to you. lol Sorry, easily exsited. lol

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is neat JD.... :greengrin:

3. Kelly G

Kelly G Guest

Dec 27, 2009
    Well, hello!!! And a big shout-out!!!

I've heard of Turkey Creek - not far from Brandon, right???

I've had mostly Saddlebreds and Morgans and rode/kept my horses at Five Gaits Farm over in Carrollwood.

My husband and I bought our home just north of Tampa in Wesley Chapel. Property is just so much less expensive up here & the taxes were much lower.

...much as I love our set-up here, my husband and I are looking forward to leaving Florida and its heat!!!

Big hug!

4. Kelly G

Kelly G Guest

Dec 27, 2009
    ...I also wish you were still here so I could buy another one from someone who cared enough about their goats to be a member of a learning community!

5. Yes, it is outside of Brandon near Plant City. That is so funny that you got your house where you did. When I lived there that area was nothing but fields. LOL I have heard the growth is crazy. I know Brandon is it's own city and funny thing is until that mall got put in, nothing exsited there either. I was Raised in Seffner and I can remember when there was just a corner store and a Kash N Trash, that's what we called them growing up. LOL Now a day the groves and strawberrie fields we played in are solid houses. I was very glad to leave that area. We went to the other cost where I lived until I was 25. I was very glad to leave that side of the state. I even more so am glad to be out now. I love FL don't get me wrong I have great memories and fun times but for the most part I am not a heat person and I burn so much in FL I am not a beach person. You take those to out and you have very littel reason to stay and I love it here.

As for getting a goat, that can still be arranged. I have an airport here that I can use. hehe Then again, maybe you all will move up here. Once you get in you can't help but love it and the location is great a few hours or less in any one direction you are in another stand and having fun. But I am a country boy at heart. Most people never got that about me in FL. SO long a I never left Turkey Creek I was happy. When I left I thought only how I would be back with my horses, and they will be here one day but until then the goats are filling my need for a farm in a HUGE way. I could not amagine life without goats now. LOL

6. Kelly G

Kelly G Guest

Dec 27, 2009
    Hahahaha! When we built our house here (in a deed-restricted development), there were cows just beyond our backyard. So you're not wrong - it WAS wall to wall cows/pasture out here...now it's wall to wall with real estate development (20% are empty due to the problems w/loans, poor economy, unemployment, etc)! State Rd 54 is being widened right now to 6 lanes.

As for Brandon - I haven't been there since they built the mall...it is - like you said - choked with traffic! No more dairy farm as you get off I-75 at Hwy60!!!!

My husband and I will be moving north in 3-4 years as soon as our daughter is out of high school. We're looking at the N.C. area as we have family up there.

Like you - I'm not a beach person, and my husband and I are miserable in the heat. We're outa' here! ASAP!

7. That is so funny you say that. I moved to NC before I came to AR. LOL I worked in Greensbrough. I did like it there but jobs were not as good. That is not why I moved. I moved because my best friend was going back to FL and I was not there long. At the time I had family moving here so I elected to come. Since then my best friend and his family has left FL and moved here and my dad has moved back to FL. LOL I am now on my 5th going on 6th year here. I am very happy and have gotten a very good job so all so far is working out. :pray: I am just making sure I keep my thoughts with God in hopes things will stay that way. LOL. I don't plan to leave and hope things done put me in the spot where I need to. LOL Not that is should but life is funny that way.