The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a silly, and simple question.

what kind of kelp do you give to help with zinc deficiency’s? I’ve heard it can help, but I’m not sure where to buy from or if there’s a specific kind.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
4,482 Posts
I'm not sure it will take care of a zinc problem alone, but any food grade kelp is fine to use. Thorvin kelp is supposedly the best, but it does not have to be that if you can find another source. Kelp generally really helps with iodine, but it is a terrific thing to add to all goats' diets. Tons and tons of mineral benefits.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure it will take care of a zinc problem alone, but any food grade kelp is fine to use. Thorvin kelp is supposedly the best, but it does not have to be that if you can find another source. Kelp generally really helps with iodine, but it is a terrific thing to add to all goats' diets. Tons and tons of mineral benefits.
Do you know what else could help a zinc problem? My doe’s got some dry flaky skin so I’m trying to help her out.

·
Super Moderator
31,783 Posts
Zinc for humans can be used. I like the drops for easy dosing but pills can be used.

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
4,482 Posts
Yep, zinc pills are a good choice. If they are 25mg pills I like to do them once a day for a week or two and then weekly for a month after that. If there is no improvement at all then you may want to look into another cause. If there is improvement continue weekly for another month.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts