The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,806 Posts
Howdy.

This will be our first year of offering pack goats for purchase on a larger bases. We have raised dairy goats for over 20 years and through our breeding program have ended up big, powerful and structurally correct dairy goats. Just started a website late night, so it will take a week or two to get it into order but you are more then willing to visit it now or in the future. We are located between West Richland and Benton City, WA.

www.trinitypackgoats.webs.com
www.trinitydairygoatfarms.com (soon to be moved to webs.com and has been inactive for 6 months)

· Registered
185 Posts
We live in Moses Lake and have hiked with our goats up the Entiat River. We have hiked to Louis Lake without goats - it was awesome. We packed in food and I think we ate fish that we caught for every meal and ended up packing out most of our food.

Have you done much hiking with your goats in the South WA Cascades - the Goat Rocks Wildnerness or that area?

I saw a post on Craigslist for goats for sale as the area they hike with goats is now closed to goats. These people were from the Tri-Cities or Yakima area.

Tonia

4,806 Posts
Sounds like there is enough of us to maybe do a locale hike some time or even on a monthly bases. Anyone interested in the idea? Cant think of anything real locale but the Dayton area has some nice places.

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Horse Heaven Hills south of Kennewick on Ayers Road is a gorgeous area. I've ridden horses there every year. Here's a link to Mapquest showing where Ayers Road is.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rl ... CBQQ8gEwAA

There are other areas around the Tri Cities that are good, too. Chamna Natural Area for a flatter hike or Badger Mountain for steeper hikes.

4,806 Posts
Will be taking a short walk up Red Mt Saturday morning with Curtis King. But maybe a longer walk out in your area might be fun. Would be after 9am as we have morning milk chores that would need to get done first. Email me if interested [email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.