Kentucky Caprines

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by KikoFaerie, Jan 29, 2008.

1. KikoFaerie

KikoFaerie New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    So. Central Kansas
    Here are the girls I went to Tennessee to pick up. (They came from a farm in Kentucky.)

[​IMG]

These two are the two oldest, Elissa is in the foreground, Sally is the bigger one in the back. I will keep all the names they came with, but Darrel says we have to call Sally something else or he will have to go out at night and kick her. (Guess what his exes name is? No offense intended, any Sallys out there!)

[​IMG]

This is Thelma. (Sorry - no Louise in the bunch.) Hard to see, but she is white with very cool large light brown spots down her spine.

[​IMG]

This is Reanna. She is tan with a white face, but it is odd - the tan is only on the outer half of the hair shafts - the inner half is white. The odd stance is because my house dog was out there introducing herself and Reanna was not sure if she should eat it, butt it, or run.

[​IMG]

This is Hera. She is the tiny one of the bunch. I think she has a piggy face. And I mean that in a nice way.

[​IMG]

This is Teresa. You can't tell in the picture because it was cloudy, but she is solid chocolate brown with a white spot on her forehead. She is running funny because I think she twisted a knee in the trip and am keeping a close eye on it. We were excited to get them all, but for me Teresa was a special treat, as this color is very rare in a 100% Kiko. Now she'll probably have all white kids! :hair:

[​IMG]

2. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Those girls are gorgeous!!! I havent had a chance to Welcome you so welcome to TGS!!!

3. KikoFaerie

KikoFaerie New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    So. Central Kansas
    Thank you! I was pleased to come when Stacey invited me. I haven't posted much, but lurked and read. Soon I will start yakking and eveyone will tell me to shut up! Thanks again.

4. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I doubt anyone will tell you to shut up....everyone on here loves to talk goats...hehe...my goats are my life! I have a 50% registered Kiko doe, and I love her to death!

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    First of all, Welcome.
    I love your goats. WOW, they look a lot like my cashmere. What beautiful goats.

6. lacy_94

lacy_94 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    North Fla
  7. KikoFaerie

KikoFaerie New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    So. Central Kansas
    Thanks for the welcomes and the nice compliments of my girls. You guys are all so welcoming here!!

8. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Welcome!

Nice girls you got there! Want anymore?? LOL! We're getting out of our Kiko crosses and are just going to focus on our Nubians. :)

9. KikoFaerie

KikoFaerie New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    So. Central Kansas
    DH - Thanks, but no thanks. Have several percentage and purebred girls and these girls are 100% NZ. I'm set for a while! NO MORE STINKIN' GOATS, DONA!! (That is echoing in my head at the moment. I think someone said it to me recently. Oh yeah - that would be the husband!)
    Anyway - I am sure I could find homes for your girls if you weren't so far away!

10. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Which farm did you get them from? Leoni's Just Kidding?

11. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    First of all welcome to TGS!You'r girls are beautiful.

12. KikoFaerie

KikoFaerie New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    So. Central Kansas
    Thank you, GN for the welcome and the compliment. No, Getcha - got them from Kentucky Hills Farm, a.k.a. Kiss My Goat.