Kevin or loki??

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by SDK, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Kevin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. loki

100.0%
  1. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    ok so i'm starting to make my breeding scheduel for the nigerians fo spring kiddings. i just can't decided who i should breed amelia to. amelia is our best doe and she's only lost her class twice out of 11 shows? she only need two more legs for her PGCH and she's 19 1/2 inches tall. i have four bucks but i've narrowed it down to kevin and loki. i've already bred her to my chocolate buck and they make really nice kids but i want to try something else and my littlest buck sur i'm holding for next fall. anyway here's the choices and some pictures of amelia. ( their not the best pictures but there all i have presently)

pedigree:

sire:Starbucks SA Sidekick
    s.s.: Starbucks Arnold PGCH
    s.d:Starbucks Snickers

dam:Ashum Acres Look At Me
    d.s.:McScurry Farms Exacute
    d.d.:Woodhaven Farms Twinkie

2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    ok this is kevin. ( not the best picture, but he's still in nevada so i can't really get another one.

here's his pedigree

Sire:Roc N Ewe DE Risky Bizness
    sire's sire:MCH (Pending) Roc N Ewe JM Duke of Earl E
    sire's dam: Roc N Ewe JM Brown Sugar

dam: Twin Creeks Grande Promenade
    dam's sire: MCH Pecan Hollow Willy's Dance Fever *S
    dam's dam:MCH Twin Creeks BW Grande Finale

sorry i don't have a photo of his dam's udder, i'm in the process of getting one. she's a nice doe though

3. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    and this is loki, my buck from sixshooterfarm. he's a nice little guy. i found a picture that rachael sent me a while ago of his mothers rear udder i believe while he was still nursing

if i'm not mistaken lilly is 7 this year

his pedigree:

sire:Simple Pleasures Titan
    sire's sire:Miracle Kids Durango
    sire's dam:poppy Patch Brown Eyed Girl

dam:JVJ GP Lily of the Valley
    dam's sire:Buttinheads Goober Pwile *S
    dam's dam:Gay-Mor's JJU Lavender VG

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Okay, based on pedigree and the udder pictures, I would go w/ Kevin. He looks nice (harder to tell in this pic) but his pedigree looks great.

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I would have to say Kevin, I really like is pedigree and his dam is gorgeous. Good luck with your choice!

6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    is mother is gorgeous, but those are both his grandma's they are drop dead gorgeous!

7. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I am actually going to say Loki. It is hard to tell in the pics of Kevin (great pedigree), but it looks like Amelia has a bit of a steep rump, and Loki does not, and I like his maternal granddam as well, Lavender is a nice doe. Although, Kevin may be just as nice. Hard to tell.

8. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    amelia isn't posed in the pictures, i'm just holding her still. she' doesn't have a very steep rump but it could be longer

i just found some pictures of loki's family

9. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
  10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I would choose Loki....his grandsire has the rear height and his sire has length as well as his grand dam ....but either way kids from either one you choose to use should be awesome. :greengrin:

11. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I can't get any of Loki's pictures to come up-but Kevin's Granddam is sure pretty.And he sure has a lot of MCH's in the pedigree behind him. Goodluck with whichever buck you use:).

12. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Well SDK you just HAD to post a pic of my doe when she wasent filled up lol. I will get a pic to you when she kids and it is actually full lol. in that pic she hadent even kidded yet, it was no where near full. Lilly has a beautiful udder, smooth fore and wonderful side attachments, my only complaint is I would like it just a hair higher in the back, BUT being 7 years old I wish all my does would have as nice of an udder at her age!! Loki does have some beautiful and amazing animals in his pedigree and should pass on some amazing babies, but your other boy is very very nice as well!! I am gonna say loki just cause he is my breeding lol

13. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    haha little biased!! just kidding. i love that little man. i think what its going to come down to is whoever is big enough to get the job done. i'm not breeding these does ( amelia and aurora) ( aurora didn't kid..again) until november. that way i will have two sets of kids in jan/feb and two sets ( hopefully) in april and then i'll have a fresh does for nationals.

14. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    You'll have to let us know how nationals go-it looks like we probably wont be able to go now:(.

15. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    the NDGA nationals in may?

16. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    by the look of the votes no one likes my buck :cry: :cry:

17. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    I DO!!! haha i love him, and i love lilly and titan. of course, thats why i got him haha

18. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    OK lol. I had no idea that wasn't a full pic. :ROFL: And 7 years old? I can't wait to see a full photo, I bet it is nice! I know my does that aren't full I would never look at their udders and say "gorgeous" but when they are full WOW!

19. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    muddy creek, your goats are gorgeous move closer to me so i can steal them