Kid box help...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by liz, May 29, 2009.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Qwik before my DH loses interest in making me one for my mini kids!

I got the basic plans for the box....and it is way too big for a nigi kid, anyone have the dimensions for downsizing?
    He made a beautiful head piece, all sanded smooth and I did tell him that it likely shouldn't be 24 inches long(the box itself) but more like 15 inches so the kid doesn't have room to back up. I'm a bad mommy and never measured the heights or lengths of my babies beyond birth so I don't have a reference.

Any one have a 2 week old nigi kid they'd like to measure for me?
    I'd need the measurment from floor to jaw as well as floor to under belly for the "belly rest" as well as the length from chest to butt.

Thanks in advance!

2. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    :ROFL: Sorry, cant help you there!

I'm pretty sure I've heard of people using a box for standard kids, with a towel rolled up in the bottom for nigis ...

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My DH is very ....hmmm, to put it nicely critical of details! I'm fine with putting an extra board inside to bring the kid up to height but hubby wants it "right" for the kids.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    tell him - make it big - because you can always make it smaller for a small kid by using towels or a wood to raise the bottom but if youhave a large kid or wait a little longer to tatoo then they might not fit in the box.

Mine is for standards and just fits my 4 week old kids!

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Yup i agree. make the standard sized box. I put towels under and behind the little ones.
    beth