The Goat Spot Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
mom of 2 little goats and 2 wonderful dogs / indoo
227 Posts
It doesn't have any fruit and no flowers, but it does sprout little stems between the leaves a couple inches high that have yellowish seeds a bit larger than a ant, around may/June. They eat both leaves and small stems. Leaves grow up to 4 in. long. And it grows way past 10 ft tall.

·
I'm watching you
22,153 Posts
Not Salal either then, it has small berries.
I know I've seen that plant it'll come to me.

In a world of ordinary people a superman is not a king.
He cannot rule the world.
He is simply alone...
Dean Koontz

·
227 Posts
No berries, no flowering either. This was the first plant Oreo ate when I brought her home. It's the only plant they climb the tree to get more of. I'm lucky it grows tall as I bend limbs to get the leaves on top for their boquets. I will see if the neighbors know what it might be. All I know is it gets the running.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oddly enough, Bay Laurel (Laurus nobilis) was my first thought when I saw the pictures. But with no mention of its wonderful scent, I didn't seriously consider it until yesterday. Imagine being able to grow it outdoors! I had one for a houseplant for many years.

·
I'm watching you
22,153 Posts
Posted for Oreosmom

In a world of ordinary people a superman is not a king.
He cannot rule the world.
He is simply alone...
Dean Koontz

·
227 Posts
It sure looks like that's it, around April, May it has those tiny seed pods but their little white stems grow 2-3 inches past the leaves, they only seed for a week or so. Perhaps because the bush is so old there isn't much aroma. Or maybe they need to be dried out. But I believe you got it!

·
227 Posts
Reading about the bay Laurel it didn't mention it's medicinal uses?? But love spaghetti.!! Bet the goats would also!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have only read some of the suggestions,which are great, so I am not sure if there has been any advice on brambles. If the kid is eating hay and such, if you have black berry or raspberry bushes around give her some of the leaves from that. Depending on how old she is depends on how fast she gets the idea that this is natural good food for her tummy. I hope all goes well for you and the goats.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts