Kid Help, Please!

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by goatmama2, May 13, 2008.

1. goatmama2

goatmama2 New Member

Oct 20, 2007
    Upstate New York
    We purchased a new buckling (Cohosh) and brought him home on Sat. He is 3 months old. Today my husband noticed he has runny poop...I'm afraid he's got scours and don't remember what to give him. Please advise! He seems healthy otherwise, is eating and drinking. Thanks!

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Try 4-5 cc of pepto....should clear up in a day and don't give him anything but hay til it does. :)

3. goatmama2

goatmama2 New Member

Oct 20, 2007
    Upstate New York
    Thanks, Liz. I was on my way out to give him some pepto, but wasn't sure of the amount. I'll give it to him right away and keep you posted. Brooke

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    If by chance he continues with the runs, please have a fecal done...I've had 2 many experiences with cocci ( 2 in a year!) and will tell you that the sooner he is diagnosed and treated the better...in the case that it's just the runs from too much green browse or grain he should be better in no time. Also, you can try dry oatmeal...binds them up a bit.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    second the pepto and the other advise :D

Hope he gets better for you quick

6. goatmama2

goatmama2 New Member

Oct 20, 2007
    Upstate New York
    The people we bought him from seemed to have taken very good care of him, even called the night we brought him home to see how he did on the ride. I wonder if maybe it is mostly stress from being in the car and away from his mates. We noticed some loose stool in the crate when we got home. I gave him the pepto and saw some more solid stuff on the ground, so I'm hopeful. I could give him some di-methox in a day or so if it keeps up...he isn't interested in a bottle, though, so I'm not sure how to get it into him. Thanks for all your help, gang!