Kid Names

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by capriola-nd, Jan 11, 2009.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I am in need of naming two or three kids. My mind is running blanks on names so maybe you guys and gals can help?? :)

Sassy's triplets, born in December during a cold spell, right before we had tons of snow (well, tons of snow for our area). I was going to name the smallest doe Capriola RB Winter Sage, but it's not set in stone yet so if you all have a better idea, please share!
    Thinking winter, snow themes. We really like unique names. If I stick with Winter Sage, then maybe something to do with herbs, plants or ????

*Oh, forgot to mention that Sassy had two girls and a boy. The boy has blue eyes, so something with blue in it. Their herdname is Capriola, then sire's initials, so: Capriola RB ????

I may be able (just maybe) to name my new doe from Poppy Patch, but I doubt it. . . .

Thanks!

2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i know there are blue firs.. i can't think of anything else blue

i shall contemplate...

3. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Rosemary, as a type of herb? :shrug:

Little Boy Blue? :greengrin:

4. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    If you go with herbs or plants there's Rosemary, Thyme, Basil, Caraway (could call her Cara for short), Chamomile, Parsley, Ginger, Jasmine, Lavender, and SO MANY MORE!! LOL!

For winter names you could do: Noel, Blizzard, Vixen, Blitzen, Popsicle, Candy Cane, Noel, Snowflake, Mistletoe, Holly.....

These are winter storm names for 2008-2009:

2008-2009 Winter Storm Names
    1. Andrew
    2. Brooke
    3. Carter
    4. Dawn
    5. Eli
    6. Faith
    7. George
    8. Hannah
    9. Ian
    10. Julia
    11. Kyle
    12. Lily

found that on a website :greengrin: hope these help :wink:

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    haha

or cariblue

6. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    :ROFL: I like that!

7. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    I like Cariblue too.

You could mix and matvh the winter names with the herb/plant names like.. snowy cypress or blizzard osha, yeah I don't know..
    here are some more unique or pretty herb/plant names from an herbal catalog I have:

archangelica, california poppy, cascara sagrada, celandine, damiana, eleuthero, fenugreek, goldenseal, kava, passionflower, pipsissewa, pleurisy, reishi.

I can't think of any good winter names to add with them.

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Cariblue is an awesome name! Way to go SDK!! I like that one alot!

9. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    What about Holly or Juniper? Ilex (genus for holly). Frosty (as in snowman) or Chrystal (Frosty's wife). Still thinking..... :) I LOVE Cariblue!

10. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Cariblue sounds like a boy name?? I already have a "Caribbean Blue" - kinda similar but not really. . . .

So, the girls are Capriola RB Winter Sage and Snow Cypress (thanks Amos!) - still need one for the boy. . . . I was going to do "Blue Spruce" but not so sure about that. . . . Any other ideas?

Thanks so much everyone!

11. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    You're very welcome!

You could use Cariblue Spruce but thats a bit long..

Winter Spruce..?

12. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    Capriola RB Winter Solstice
    Capriola RB Kris Kringle
    Capriola RB Colbalt Blue
    Cpariola RB Juniper Blue

13. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    oooo.... I LOVE cobalt blue!!! AND there is a such thing as Blue Juniper if you like that name :wink:

14. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I really like Cobalt Blue and we could call him Coby for short. I think that may be the one! Thanks again!

15. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I think you picked some really cute names!!! Winter Sage, Snow Cypress, and Cobalt Blue! They just sound so cute together!!! :thumb:

16. DopeyOpie

DopeyOpie New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Canada
    Great name choices! I love Snow Cypress.

17. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Thanks! I couldn't have done it without you all, so thanks so much!

For Sassy's last set of triplets, she was accidently bred by our Pygmy buck (we called them "Pygerians" ;) ) I had fun naming them some real quirky names since they were not to be registered. They were Alfalfa, Timothy, and Clover. Anyways, don't know why I shared that but it was cute. Of course, they are all called something different in their new home but oh well! ;)

18. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    'Tis the season for baby names. In a few weeks i'll be having to think of names-although I sort of have them picked out already-if I get some does. Do you all pick a theme each year for your baby names? How do you choose your names?

19. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I always have the best of intentions to have a "theme" each year but then just end up calling all the babies whatever fits their personalities. I do try to follow to some degree, the names of their parents and incorporate that somehow. . . .