The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, here's the deal. I'm breeding my doe this fall. I want to have names ready for the kids, and I might change them if I see their coloring and stuff, but I'd still like to have ideas.
She's in a line where all the names are dance names, and I have it narrowed down to 5 dance names.
-Tango
-Salsa
-Pasa Doble
-Samba
-Macarena
Also, I need at least one more boy name, because those are all for the girl (if I have one). So any suggestions for male goat names are welcome (not dance names)
Please please please send your suggestions!!!

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright, here's the deal. I'm breeding my doe this fall. I want to have names ready for the kids, and I might change them if I see their coloring and stuff, but I'd still like to have ideas.
She's in a line where all the names are dance names, and I have it narrowed down to 5 dance names.
-Tango
-Salsa
-Pasa Doble
-Samba
-Macarena
Also, I need at least one more boy name, because those are all for the girl (if I have one). So any suggestions for male goat names are welcome (not dance names)
Please please please send your suggestions!!!
Also, they are Nubians if that changes anything. Thanks for any help I get!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Ok, for girls I like Tango, Salsa, and Samba.

I think "Pasa Doble" is meant to be spelled Paso Doble and would make a great buck name. You could call him Paso for short.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, for girls I like Tango, Salsa, and Samba.

I think "Pasa Doble" is meant to be spelled Paso Doble and would make a great buck name. You could call him Paso for short.
Great thanks! I agree about Paso (I had a typo) because I could just call him Paso.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Also, they are Nubians if that changes anything. Thanks for any help I get!
The breed does not matter in my opinion. As for the names, I keep a small notebook with a letter of the alphabet at the top of the page. Whenever I see (books, magazines, news, etc.) or hear (television, radio, etc.) a name that I like, I add it to my notebook. Then, when I start kidding, I go out and watch the doelings and match their personalities to the names on my list. Probably sounds dumb, but that is how I name my does. I do not name my bucklings/weathers - it just makes it that much harder to ship them when the time comes.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I think she meant she wanted boy names that are not dance names, but correct me if I'm wrong.. :shrug:
How about knight names for boys? Like, Gawain, Kay, Lancelot, Perceval, Arthur (not a knight, I know, but I love it. King names are good too!)

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The breed does not matter in my opinion. As for the names, I keep a small notebook with a letter of the alphabet at the top of the page. Whenever I see (books, magazines, news, etc.) or hear (television, radio, etc.) a name that I like, I add it to my notebook. Then, when I start kidding, I go out and watch the doelings and match their personalities to the names on my list. Probably sounds dumb, but that is how I name my does. I do not name my bucklings/weathers - it just makes it that much harder to ship them when the time comes.
That's a great idea! As for wethers, I just keep them for pets, pack, and cart. I tried to sell one at the county fair one year and ended up buying him back because I couldn't get rid if him! But I will definitely try out your naming idea!

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think she meant she wanted boy names that are not dance names, but correct me if I'm wrong.. :shrug:
How about knight names for boys? Like, Gawain, Kay, Lancelot, Perceval, Arthur (not a knight, I know, but I love it. King names are good too!)
Yes, I was hoping for non dance boys nAmes, but dance names will be accepted. Also, please please please to everyone out there don't comment new dance names, I can't pick out of 5, let alone 20! There are many more great ones, but some has been used in the line already and I have narrowed it down to these five... Please, of you can, just suggest wether names (not dance) and tell me which dance name is your favorite

·
Registered
899 Posts
Sorry Hun,you have a lot of great choices. I still stand by my initial post though.

For does I like Tango, Salsa, and Samba.

I realize now that buck names need not be dance names, but I still love Paso Doble, nicknamed Paso. So handsome.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry Hun,you have a lot of great choices. I still stand by my initial post though.

For does I like Tango, Salsa, and Samba.

I realize now that buck names need not be dance names, but I still love Paso Doble, nicknamed Paso. So handsome.
Yeah, I understand, I may still use Paso Doble just because its a great name :) and yeah, I think those are my favorite doeling names! :D thanks for your help!

·
4-H Secretary for Life ^.^
985 Posts
MALE
Alan
Aaron
Craig
Joe
Bob
Mike
Tom
Tim