The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I found this really wonderful video (well, depends on how you describe wonderful... it is graphic, but very very educational) of a kid necropsy. Extremely good info here for home necropsies, I found this video very interesting. The animal used died of natural causes, no animals harmed in the making of the video.

Warning, graphic.

·
8,265 Posts
Very informative. But hard to watch a necropsy on a baby! (yeah, I'm a silly old woman). I always had to cover the head after the initial check! But, thanks for posting.

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very informative. But hard to watch a necropsy on a baby! (yeah, I'm a silly old woman). I always had to cover the head after the initial check! But, thanks for posting.
Not silly at all, I fully agree. The audio in this video is informative enough that you could close your eyes or scroll to another page so you don't have to watch it, but can hear it.

·
8,265 Posts
The bulge of intestines through the umbilical area was interesting. I've had umbilical hernias where the doe nipped the cord too close, but never the actual intestines coming out bare!.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts