kid sick!

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by 4kids, Aug 26, 2010.

1. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Our tea cup (born two weeks ago) was screaming this am. I thought he needed a suplement bottle (he is the smallest of trips.) I brought him in the house because something is off. Temp crazy low 94-95. I did the bucket water bag idea and then have him in a basket with a heating pad. His temp has come up. Gave some B12 complex paste and a little gatorade. He is pretty floopy though. What do I do? I called the vet and he said bring him in but really he doesn't know much! (IMHO) What should I ask him to do (he usually listens) IV? Thiamine for polio? HELP!

2. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Has he had bo-se at all? I would have the vet give him a dose of that. I sure hope he's alright! :(

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    does he have a sucking reflex? when standing if you touch his rear does it fall down? if so he needs BoSe 1cc per100lbs (dont let the vet give you MuSe)

4. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    went to vet- treated for polio and list. but I lost him at home...

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    So sorry you lost him :hug:

How are his siblings? Any sign of illness with them?

6. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    No signs of anything. He was very small 2 pounds at almost 3 weeks. His brothers are double the size.

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh no, I am so sorry! Sometimes those smaller kids have a hard time getting going. You did all you could and that's what matters. Sorry for your loss.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so very sorry for your loss... :( :hug:

9. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    :hug: I'm sorry. How are you doing?

Gina

10. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Always hard to lose a goat- I am too soft hearted. This is our second loss this year and it doesn't get easier!

11. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I am so very sorry. It sounds like you did all you could for him, but God had other plans. I'm sure it's extremely heartbreaking, especially after getting to know him for a few weeks.
    Again I am so sorry, HUGS go out to you.