The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier today she was fine ran around ate her feed played. But when i got home from school she and the others were going to bed, it was about 6 pm, and she had scours on her legs a little and her eyes are pale. She's about 5 months old but really tiny, she's supposed to be a mostly boer and she's about 30 lbs but she's not skinny shes just little.

I wormed her with valbazen, gave her some electrolytes, red cell, power punch, and 5cc apple cider vinegar with 10cc of water instead of the full dose because of her size. Then a while later i went back out and she was standing facing the corner of the shelter. I've heard facing the corner is a sign of something but i couldn't find the threads about it.

There isn't a vet in our area that does goats the closest one is a 2 hour drive so i dont think ill be able to talk my parents into it. :( Does anyone have a possible diagnosis? Im going to give her a b shot tomorrow. Is there anything else i can do?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't taken her temp yet but ill post it tomorrow morning. Ill keep her on hay and take her feed but what about letting her graze or not? How much pepto should i give her tomorrow?

·
Super Moderator
58,910 Posts
I have always used the liquid and it is 1cc per 5 lbs the first day and 1cc per 10 lbs days 2-5 for both.

Use one or the other. Not both at the same time. Those are both meds for coccidia.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it given under the skin? Or orally? If under the skin should i give it in the shoulder skin part like the b shots or somewhere else? I just learned to give shots a week ago and im still learning. :) thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts