Kid struggling and shaking like a seizure???

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by BoerMamma, Jul 8, 2015.

1. BoerMamma

BoerMamma New Member

Nov 18, 2012
    My girls have all delivered. The last one, Minnie, had two kids. She was butting one pretty aggressively so we tied her up so the baby could nurse and get her scent. It's been 4 days since delivery she is still a bit lame. She is nursing bit not much. This morning while I was out there she started shaking/trembling. It subsided but has me worried. No sign of discharge or foam or anything like that. The mamma seemed to be accepting her a little (at least not aggressively pushing her away) until today. Now she is Pushing her away again. I don't know if I should give it more time or take her out and bottle feed. Any ideas about the trembling would be appreciated as well. Thank you....worried Mamma

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Milk fever possibly, give her calcium like a few tums until you can get to the store for the tube of stuff or what they have for milk fever in case.

How is her udder and milk?
    If she is tight, milk out enough to make it less sore, check for mastitis. That may be why she is pushing the kid away.

Get a temp on her.

3. Josephine28

Josephine28 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    I would bottle feed her or at least supplement her with a bottle. It sounds like she may not be getting enough to eat.

4. BoerMamma

BoerMamma New Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Mammas udder seems fine. No heat or hard spots and the other baby is eating fine. This one just doesn't seem too interested. I'll try those things and see if it helps. Thank you so much.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Good her udder is OK.

Good luck.