Kid # Update

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by cartref, Oct 15, 2007.

1. cartref

cartref New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Just been to check a doe due tomorrow as she had bagged up earlier. 1 toggy girl (like dad) and 1 saanen girl (like mum). Now have 21 kids, 10 girls and 11 boys. Looks like my boy year is disappearing fast. :cry:

2. needs to know more

needs to know more New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Washington
    Are you wanting all boys??? Although I do think that is what I want next year!!! I need to keep my herd size down. And I do much better at selling the boys than the girls!!!!!!!
    congrats on the babies!!!!

3. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    Congratulations on all the babies! I too am wondering if you are wanting mostly boys? Most of us are happy when a "boy year" changes and gives us more girls. I had lots of girls in '07 so I suppose I'll get lots of boys in '08.

4. cartref

cartref New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Last year 06 I had 31 girls and 12 boys, still have 28 of those girls. I'm now up to 101 goats and that is way too many for the property to carry so I need boys ( easier to sell). 3 of the last 4 does that kidded had twin girls :cry: although girls are nice to have, if it was 1 of each that would make it easier to know which to keep.

5. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    Oh I understand now. I hope you get some more boys then! Around here girls are much easier to sell and I get about twice as much for them...guess it just depends on where you are!

6. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I have many people wanting doelings from me and last year I lost 3 kids out of 7 and sold 3 of those. I can sell both as long as they are young.

7. cartref

cartref New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Darn it! 2 more toggy girls this afternoon. Now have 12 girls and 11 boys. Another doe looks like kidding tomorrow. Boys please Sasha.

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thinking blue, thinking blue

9. cartref

cartref New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Sasha decided to have 2 girls.

10. ksacres

ksacres New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    San Antonio Texas
    Maybe I need to start asking for boys to get girls? LOL

11. cartref

cartref New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kidding over for the year

18 doe kids, 13 buck kids total 31 kids from 17 does

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well sounds like a productive year!!!

You didn't get the buck year like you were hoping but 13 bucks isn't to bad. Way to go girls.

13. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I'm acctually hoping for mostly bucks this year to-so far with my minis people are wanting to buy bucks more than does:). And, I really dont need more goats. Although I will have some Saanen/LaMancha grades born:(.

14. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    So you say that the boys are easier to sell. Is that because they are sold for meat? I would think that the girls would be easier to sell because they will be able to produce.