The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been to check a doe due tomorrow as she had bagged up earlier. 1 toggy girl (like dad) and 1 saanen girl (like mum). Now have 21 kids, 10 girls and 11 boys. Looks like my boy year is disappearing fast. :cry:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Are you wanting all boys??? Although I do think that is what I want next year!!! I need to keep my herd size down. And I do much better at selling the boys than the girls!!!!!!!
congrats on the babies!!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Congratulations on all the babies! I too am wondering if you are wanting mostly boys? Most of us are happy when a "boy year" changes and gives us more girls. I had lots of girls in '07 so I suppose I'll get lots of boys in '08.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last year 06 I had 31 girls and 12 boys, still have 28 of those girls. I'm now up to 101 goats and that is way too many for the property to carry so I need boys ( easier to sell). 3 of the last 4 does that kidded had twin girls :cry: although girls are nice to have, if it was 1 of each that would make it easier to know which to keep.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Oh I understand now. I hope you get some more boys then! Around here girls are much easier to sell and I get about twice as much for them...guess it just depends on where you are!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Darn it! 2 more toggy girls this afternoon. Now have 12 girls and 11 boys. Another doe looks like kidding tomorrow. Boys please Sasha.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
So you say that the boys are easier to sell. Is that because they are sold for meat? I would think that the girls would be easier to sell because they will be able to produce.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts