The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:grouphug: I am new at raising goats and have these 3 - 3 week old kids that I am bottle feeding. One of the girls (Lucy) is very small and she did have gunky matter around her eyes but that seem to be clearing up. But the hair under her eyes is missing. Is this a sign of something wrong or is just from the weeping eyes?

·
Premium Member
22,982 Posts
It's just the weeping from her eyes, the crust sort of scabs over and her scratching or even you removing it will cause it to pull out the hair. It will grow back. Was she the only one with this? Sometimes a cold will cause the weepy eyes or even allergies, worse though is pinkeye AND it is very contagious to other goats as well as their caretaker....if the others have the same infliction, you can get terramycin eye ointment from tractor supply to treat an infection. If it's just allergies keep washing the area with a warm wet cloth to help weith irritation.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:grouphug: the others do not have it and I don't think it is pink eye. She also sneezes once in a while so it probably is a cold. She seems to be feeling much better because she sure is spunky, really feeling her oats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.