Kidding HELP ASAP

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by deineria, Feb 12, 2011.

1. deineria

deineria New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Huntington, WV
    The momma to the doe with the udder issue and 2 dead kids is kidding tonight -
    today there was clear goop. . .
    tonight - amber goop around 11:00. . .
    1:00am - water bubble no real dilation
    Now it is 2:30 am and a second water bubble and dilation . . .
    no kids. . haven't went in the check yet. . .
    seems to be going very slow - this would be her second freshening and last year she had issues. . .hard kidding, some spinal injury that last months - did not intend to breed her anymore - buck got out and so here we are. . .

Is this taking too long? It seems to be. . .worries be after loosing the two 2 days ago.

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    wash up and go in two fingers, try to feel a kid
    if none, go in slowly (hand in a cone shape) and feel for a leg or head, (easier to close your eyes and picture what your feeling)
    check back in with the position of the kid....

:hug: good luck!

3. deineria

deineria New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Huntington, WV
    She isn't pushing hard often - I was up there for 10 minutes with my husband - she didn't push at all - here is a backend photo:

[​IMG]

the bubble has been like that for about 1 1/2 hours and there was a second bubble my husband said for a bit and it is now gone and hasn't reappeared

She seemed very miserable 3 hours ago and now seems kind of better. . .
    kids are still alive - you can see them moving all over

I tried to go in - could not feel anything - could not go past my wrist

4. deineria

deineria New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Huntington, WV
    :( :( the vet is on his way - I can't get them out. . .I dont see how either the kids or the doe can make it :(

5. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I am glad the vet was able to come out. I would have called too. Praying that doe and kids are ok.

6. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    :hug: Hang in there...you realized there was a problem, and you have help on the way. Here's hoping that you have a good outcome. Let us know what happened when the vet came, and how everyone is doing. :pray:

7. deineria

deineria New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Huntington, WV
    I had a terrible feeling about the kidding the whole time yesterday and last night. . .

The vet tried and could not get them out - it was already too late for the doe at that point. . .he put her down and cut open and the kid - long since dead. . .(they were alive at 1am - you could see them moving) were HUGE - they never could have been born. . . just two :(

She was out first dairy goat. . .by far our favorite. I really feel, at this point, I am totally finished with goats. . .sadly, at least, Nubians. . .the kidding issues have proven too much for me.

8. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
  9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry ... that is so sad... :( it isn't your fault what so ever....sometimes there is nothing we could do...... :hug:

10. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I am so very sorry for your loss. :hug: I wouldn't give up though...i've had times where I seriously was considering selling all of my goats and giving up, but it gets better...you move on and things start turning about for you. You'll be happy that you kept them...I know I am.

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Oh how sad I'm so sorry :hug:

12. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I am so sorry for your loss. It is heart breaking to lose a doe. Take time to heal before you make any drastic changes. Many of us have experienced wanting to throw in the towel because of a bad kidding.

13. deineria

deineria New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Huntington, WV
    :sigh: :( It is good to know, I guess, I'm not alone. . .in wanting to throw in the towel. . .It is back to back disasters - the daughter of this doe is the one with the udder issue now - she had two kids on Thursday - both dead - both tried to come through at the same time. . .her udder is likely ruined.
    Her dam, this doe here, then - our favorite and first dairy doe - having such a tragic kidding and losing both her and the kids. . .
    Makes me very much want to give the last doe I have to kid away and run far from this farm

14. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I feel your pain and have been there. Last year I was petrified for my next kidding after a kid death and then a separate doe in labor death. The third kidding went smooth and was very rewarding to see it can be textbook birth also.

15. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    There also might be kidding issues with the lines behind those does. I have heard of it happening. Again, so sorry for your loss...I didn't know about the other kids from Thursday. :(

16. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I'm so sorry you lost them. You did everything you could possibly have done.

Jan

17. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    I'm so sorry to hear about your doe. It's sad that you had to put her down, but you were there for her, and she didn't have to suffer. I can't imagine how you are feeling, but know that there are lots of people on here that are thinking about you. :grouphug: Even though you are upset and frustrated right now...it WILL get better. Hang in there. :hug:

18. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I am so very very sorry. My heart breaks for you and your family. I couldn't imagine how hard this must be. I agree, you did everything you could, but I know that doesn't make it feel any less painful. I love my girls too, they are such a big part of our family, and the thought of losing one and their kids is terrifying. God works in mysterious ways that's for sure. But for whatever reason, he wanted your girls and her babies in heaven with him.

Again I am just so sorry, words just don't express it :(

19. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :hug:
    sorry for your loss, everyone has bad years. sorry