KIDDING HELP

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by mom2goats, Feb 15, 2009.

1. mom2goats

mom2goats New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    My name is Andrea & I have a goat that would have been with our male somewhere between August & who knows maybe October~but we really dont know! Udder is large, ligs possibly gone, pretty much such laying around today, good baby movement, tail standing up & cocked to the side...do have pics

Attached Files:

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Sounds like she is getting close, but with the picture it looks like her udder needs to fill more. Is this your first goat to kid?

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ok I was able to add one picture for you.

4. mom2goats

mom2goats New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Yes, and I have another one due~not quite sure on her either~!!

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    First off - Welcome from Idaho :wave:

Your girl looks like she has a bit to go, but she is definately going to be giving you kids! :clap:

He udder will get alot fuller and tighter, the kids will "drop" just like with a pregnant woman, her tail head will become VERY prominent, and you might even see some off white - clear snotty looking discharge that will be very long and stringy (sometimes you don't see this so don't worry!)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and keep showing pics!

You may want to watch my thread about Dora - she is due in 13 days, and I am making a daily account for what to watch for and pics every few days to look at the differences.

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    my guess is 2 -4 weeks. Yah I know not the best accurate pin point. :roll: but from the looks of her udder and her being part boer (as you told me in the email) she could certainly go sooner because I dont think their udders get as big and tight. Boer people please correct me if I am wrong.

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    My Boer x 50/50 had a nice huge udder that was beautimus - now my 75/25 didn't get quite as big but still got tight and "full".

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Here is the 75/25 Boer X that kidded 1 month after this pic as a FF.

[​IMG]

Here is Boots 50/50 Boer X kidded almost 2 months later with twins - second freshning.

[​IMG]

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well just so you all know Andrea and I have been chatting a while and we all need to make sure she feels quite welcome in the goat nutty world here :greengrin: Her family just like the rest of our families, think shes nuts to worry and sit with the preggy girls. But thats normal right? So here is the does code of honor for you Andrea

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Now Stacey, don't be scaring the poor girl away already - she will pull her hair out after reading that - LOL! :ROFL:

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hehe, no worries goat bugs got her hookline and sinker. :shades:

Andrea welcome to the world of kidding

12. mom2goats

mom2goats New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    thank you so much! this is an awesome forum!!

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Can you tell we like to have fun around here~~ :greengrin: :wahoo:

14. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Welcome to TGS! I'm kinda new to goats, I've had them about 2 years I guess. Watch for something new or strange with your girls. If they are usually "standoffish" and they get "cuddley", or vise versa. Something that makes you think "that's weird", if you very familiar with what is "normal" for your girls you will notice when they start acting "funny" that is usually the tip off that somethings about to happen.

15. mom2goats

mom2goats New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    thanks for the welcome to TGS! this has been such a nerve-wracking experience since we dont when the "big event" even occured with this one~but hopefully it will be time like REALLY soon!

16. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome!!! And, yep...exactly like Di said, you know your goats personalities, go with your gut and when it seems that something is just "not right", thats when you'll be losing sleep!

She does look to have a few weeks to go, going by udder development.

17. mom2goats

mom2goats New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    yeh, I know udder is on smaller side but she is meat goat~but I'm gonna attempt to attach better pic of her udder.

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    wahoo you did it!!

yup her udder is growing nicely :cool:

19. mom2goats

mom2goats New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    This is latest pic that I took before I left house this morning

20. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Her udder definately is coming in nice - you should have kiddos soon!