The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Goats
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Betty. I rescued her 2 years ago. She is 4-5 years old and was in really bad shape when we got her... About 20mins from our house there is a guy who has 28-35 goats? All were so poor...all had foot rot and are so skinny like paper.... When I went to look at his goats my heart was breaking looking at them all. So many there was no way i could help them all but..i seen Betty and a buck that we named Bucky. I seen them and new i just couldn't leave them. So we bought them. I am so happy I did. Betty had just kidded 2 months before we got her and the man already had her with a buck again... thankfuly she was not bred. Bucky was 3 months old. Both of them were so skinny and scared... They could hardly even walk to eat. They ate a little here and there but not much. It was so hard to help them when you had to catch them ever time. We talked to our vet and things started to looking good for the two of them. We got shots of (I don't remember) but it helped them soooooo so much with the foot rot. A month later it got really cold and Bucky wasn't doing so good..at this point he was such a sweet boy he would come up to you and just stand there. He got sick and had diarrhea. Turns out he also had such a huge load of worms. We took him to the vet and he could not stand...he just layed there and cried for Betty. She took him as her own kid and he loved her like a mom. It was so hard ..so so hard....to watch your baby boy laying there dying....in the morning he passed on. Betty didn't know what to do. She stood and cried for him for months and months...we finally got her foot rot under control and she put on weight. Fast forward to August 2020 we got a buck "Gizmo" and they fell in love. Sure enough in September on her due date she had twins a buck and a doe. 3 days later the little doeling died. We still have really no idea why. 2 months later the buckling died because of weaning himself off of Betty and eating to much grass....he had diarrhea that took him down....then we lost him.. Once again Betty was all alone. Well. Not for long. I know it was to soon but i didn't have another pen for our buck. Betty was bred by Gizmo in January and she is due may 16th. On March 10 2021 i traded Betty to my best friend who has a milking goat farm. She is doing sooooo good with her new friends and in the end. Betty is finally happy and healthy. So now I am excited about Betty haveing more babies because we have first choice of her babies. She is already bagging up.

·
Registered
Goats
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She is not mine anymore but i thought id make a post anyway because I get updates on her. And i will hopefully aslo be with my friend and her when she kids! Betty is a Sannen. Bucky was a Nubian Boer mix.

·
Registered
Goats
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We went to my friends farm yesterday and boy oh boy! Betty is huge! When she kidded last she had twins and wasn't half that big! Her udder is bigger then it ever was when she last kidded! Sorry i could not get better pics of her udder but here ya go!
Btw her due date is the 16 and she only has one legitimate! Her udder is tight too!! Maybe she'll have 3 !

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
I am glad you rescued her and that she is finally healthy and happy. I hope she will get a break from getting bred after this. I hope all goes well with her kidding!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
"She will because my friends buck wont even be ready to breed until November or December so yee lol. And me too!"

Just my sense of bumor here, but when I read this sentence real quick, it came across that you were happy you would not be bred till December..... 🤦‍♀️

·
Registered
Goats
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"She will because my friends buck wont even be ready to breed until November or December so yee lol. And me too!"

Just my sense of bumor here, but when I read this sentence real quick, it came across that you were happy you would not be bred till December..... 🤦‍♀️
Omg😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 thats sooooo funny!!!!😂😂😂

·
Registered
Goats
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

But yes I'm happy LOL 😂😂😂😂

1 - 16 of 16 Posts