kidding Q's

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by AlaskaBoers, Jun 27, 2008.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    I heard this somewhere: does will wag their tails alot before kidding. is this true?
    also: what side of the goat is the right side? is it our right facing them? -what side are kids developed on?
    thanks!

2. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    They develop on the "goats right side", the rumen is on the "goats left side". :) So, if you are facing the goat, kids would be on your left.

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Quite a few of our does wag their tail real fast off and on, around a few days before kidding right up until that day. I also have some that don't, but I have noticed, if your doe doesn't wag her tail to much and wags it quite a bit and is acting a bit "off", she is probably close. This is going to depend on the doe though, wagging may be acompannied by pawing, or frequently laying down...etc. It's going to depend on the doe mostly!!

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh! thanks, I think she's getting close! her ligaments are still there, but getting mushier every time i check. her "right" side is bulging, and lots of wierd tail wagging, he, i though she was going into heat when i saw her. i'll update with pictures

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    yay anticipation!!
    i always wait for the belly drop then i start freaking. i had a ff this year (nigerian) i didn't notice her ligaments go she was huge, and she wasn't due for about a week and a half, but when i went in to feed i noticed she dropped and two hours later she went into labor and had 5 kids, crazy!! haha 5 kids!! what