Kidding Question???

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Sweet Gum Minis, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Anyone ever had a doe kid and pass a placenta and later kid another kid? Petite kidded this AM at around 2am with a single black doeling and passed the placenta which I saw. But later as the day progressed I was curious if her stretching out or leg strait out was a contraction or whether she was just getting comfy. What do you think? Just a minuet ago I saw her layout again and act like a contraction and I think she actually pushed???? What would you do? Just wait and watch? She doesn't seem distressed or anything that I can tell. Been attentive with her baby, just not as relaxed as most moms are after kidding.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yup happened last year. Everyone said she was done and I left for work. Came home to a dead second kid which I knew in my heart was still in there! I still shoot myself!

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I have heard of it happening. If it were me I would go in and check if possible. Did you try bouncing her?

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Yep, try and bouce her. It definatly can happen. I have heard that the kid is usually dead, but not always!

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Well I had expected at least twins and did bounce her after the doeling was born but I don't really know what I'm feeling for. I've only ever bounced when they have proved to be done so I don't know if there's another or not in there. I saw her pass the placenta after this doeling but what got me, and has never happened before is the placenta wasn't hanging out after this kid was born like it usually does. She just passed it after we'd come up to the house. I watched her do it and saw her eat it by the camera.

6. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    You may should go in and feel for another kid. Or maybe try to bounce her again.

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I know its suppose to feel like a hard substance right? Not just squish? I'll go back down in a minute and check her again. I don't have anyone here to help me if I do have to go in and pull a kid. I guess I'd have to tie her up wouldn't I?

8. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
  9. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Yeah I just checked that out when I did a quick search. I know I've read all that stuff before anyway. Wish I could have known to do this when hubby was here and could help.

10. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Good luck! I hope everything goes well if there is another kid in there.

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    it might feel like a ball inside, I know it was a kid but let everyone else convince me otherwise.

Her belly won't go up and down as easily either, you know the weight of the kid holds it down

12. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Alrighty then. I will head down in a minute. Its been pouring the rain down here again.

13. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    We have had rain for 4 days straight. But it hasn't rained today, must have moved down to you.

14. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Good luck! It just started to pour here! :sigh: At least it's not snow right now. :roll:

15. SouthernSky

SouthernSky New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Orangeburg,SC
    Good luck, I hope everything thing is ok.

16. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    How is she today? Hope all is well.

17. Fainters

Fainters New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Western KY
    I had a very unusual situation several years ago. My doe had twins and both were stillborn. She passed the placenta and was so distraught that I gave her a twin from another doe. She took him and nursed him for 2 days and acted fine. Then I saw her lay down and start having contractions again. Nothing came and I rushed her to the vet and he pulled out a decomposing 3rd baby. We were able to save her but it was touch and go for a long time. Needless to say her milk dried up and I had to give her adopted baby back to his real mother to raise. She went on to have more healthy babies later.

http://www.freewebs.com/scapegoatranch/

18. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I bounced her again and still felt nothing. She's happy go lucky so I guess its just me worrying.

19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Those may have been just the "after" pains she was experiencing, my goodness the size she was and only giving a single she had a lot of uterine shrinking to do...I 've never experienced child birth myself but my sister has told me that after her 2 she had minor contractions and cramping for a few days while everything was going back where it belonged. Petite was probably just experiencing the same, watch her for a few days though to be sure theres no infection. I'm sure she'll be fine. :)

20. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I never had any post pains like that after having my kids. I was sore though.