The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting on my doe. We got her 17 weeks ago. Didn't know she was preggo. She was kept with bucks. The kids tonight were moving like crazy when I went to check on her. But she looked less pregnant? Does this mean we are closer to kidding? First three photos are from tonight. Last one is from 3 nights ago

Attachments

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Yes, you are indeed closer to her kidding. She has dilated, her kids have dropped, and she is definitely closer to kidding. How old is she? She's a pretty girl! I like spots!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly no idea how old she is. I'm not even sure what type she is. I'm guessing Nigerian dwarf. Or a mix of. We bought her and a little buckling (not her kid) from some people off Craigslist. At first we thought she just gained a lot of weight because she hasn't had grain ever before. So they both got shots, feet done and grain. It wasn't till maybe a month ago I decided she wasn't just fat. Lol
Thank you :) I love her to pieces. She is usually very sweet but has been more stand offish this past week.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
My girls either get clingy or they don't want me anywhere near them when they get close to kidding - just depends on the doe. It's kind of funny how few of them take the middle of the road.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It just seems to depend on her mood. Sometimes she's good with me near her and taking pictures and other times I get the leave me alone look.
Trying to decide now if we are close enough I should be checking every couple hours

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure if she is talking to her stomach or the little buckling a pen over. He has been less than happy to be alone over there. She's become more vocal but it might be over the fit he I throwing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts