The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doe is due end of Feb beginning of March, and I can't wait!!! Lets play a guessing game, how many kids do you think she will have!?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Oh..you have a good 10 days left. To me her udder isnt very full yet, according to the pic. So just by the udder, you have at least 2 more weeks. On my doe, the udder looks like 2 squashed tight balloons a good 3 days before delivery
And its usually to her knees. If my guess is right. She will have twins in 2 weeks or so. Whatever she does..Good luck with kidding. And shes a nice doe! What is she bred to? Any pics of him?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Thank you! I just hope she hasn't lost them. Im starting to get nervous.
Can you feel the babies moving? If you gently bump her you might feel them move.

To see if babies are alive and well I usually have my husband hold the head of the doe. I then come from behind and wrap my arms around the does belly and lift a little just in front of the udder, that usually gets the little ones wiggling. You can usually feel movement in front the udder (on the belly) and up to the right of the does belly if babies are moving.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh..you have a good 10 days left. To me her udder isnt very full yet, according to the pic. So just by the udder, you have at least 2 more weeks. On my doe, the udder looks like 2 squashed tight balloons a good 3 days before delivery
And its usually to her knees. If my guess is right. She will have twins in 2 weeks or so. Whatever she does..Good luck with kidding. And shes a nice doe! What is she bred to? Any pics of him?

I went out this morning and woow it got much bigger today! I'll take a picture of her tomorrow and post it on here. I have to pick up more feed also, she is super hungry, and has been eating corn, but I don't want to make her sick. And she was bred to a traditional buck, but I don't have any pictures of him.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
AWESOME! Now she is getting busy. When it looks so tight its shiney, thats usually when my girls deliver in 24 hours. So she is getting there! (dance)

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Good...you are supposed to. Which means you get to be on the Goat Preggo Rollar Coaster..we all have been there. Just keep checking on her. Have your supplies ready. And have your phone charged at All Times! It seems its when you dont think she will. And every day drags on & on & on. Then...it happens..
Praying for you to have an easy delivery& happy healthy kidds!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts