Kid's abscess full of pus near anus

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by jessbrown, May 2, 2015.

1. jessbrown

jessbrown New Member

May 2, 2015
    (sorry for the graphic image, it's quite gross)

Our two kids (2 months old) have frequent abscesses near their anus. Today, after the abscess growing to about the size of a strawberry, it popped and we squeezed the rest of the pus out. Any information on what this could be? We are quite worried. They also have these hard tissue abscesses near their arm pit, where the CDT shot was given. The same little guy who has the bad abscess on his anus is also having pus come out of this site where the injection happened...we are keeping the areas cleaned and open so that more drainage can occur? Anything helps, thanks.

Attached Files:

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I'd have the pus tested.

3. sheann

sheann Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Southeastern Kentucky
    I had this very similar to your little one, abscess on rear end last year on one of our little doelings. Vet lanced and treated with antibiotics. The pus is more white a little tinged but vet thought could have been the result of a bruise that caused the abscess. I also cleaned for several days with iodine. You don't want it to close up too soon before it has drained As far as the abscess from the cd/t shot that happens sometimes. Usually a knot but I never had a pus abscess form, but I don't do cd/t vaccines anymore. If you can take them to the vet I would, even if just for peace of mind. It might just be one of those things that happens sometimes.