Kids are coming today!!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by rebelshope, Apr 8, 2009.

1. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I freaked out this morning. Cheyenne was acting like she was having contractions but nothing was happening and then she would lay down and grind her teeth. So I freaked and hauled her off to the vets, a good goat vet, and I went to undergrad with her. Anyway, she said it was just early labor and I saw the mucus plug is all. She did an ultra sound and there are one or two. She did not find the second heart but she is large so she either has one large or two normal. She said that before 2:00, this afternoon. If she wants me to bring her back in.

SO.... I'll keep you posted.

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That is great. Good luck and make sure you have that camera ready.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is exciting... :greengrin: ..good luck ......on a happy and healthy kidding...... :wink:

4. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    arrrg.. . . I am getting ready to cal the vet again. She has some goo but other than that she has not done much.

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She's not in distress right? Some will have a prolonged labor until they get serious, Cheyyenn is a FF....Sometimes they'll dally til the real hard labor starts...when she starts to push consistently and you see nothing after 20-30 minutes then I would worry. (Consistently is REALLY pushing hard every 2 minutes)

6. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Breath . . . breath! You and the goat! :greengrin:

Hope, while not a first freshener, took FOREVER to kid. I thought I would die from anticipation during her labor.

Rudy, my first freshener, on the other hand, barely gave me enough time to run inside, get a camera, and let you guys know she was in labor. I got back outside and she was pushing em out.

It will be okay, just relax. :hug:

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    They will be fine. You can not rush it, it just does not happen.

Get a cup of :coffee2: and relax. The two of you will be just fine.

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I know how ya feel....... :hug: :hair: :hug: :help: :doh:

9. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Just try to RELAX!!! :GAAH: I know how you feel (I also know it will be impossible to relax so ignore the first part :) ) :hug:

10. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Thank you everyone. Unfortunately the kid was too large and she had to have a c-section. She is home how and doing fine, but the kid was still born. He was a carbon copy of her. Yes it was a buck and I learned that there are things worse than having all buck kids and that is having no kid at all. :sigh:

11. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I am so sorry you lost him, but at least you still have your doe! :hug: :hug: :tears:

And it's a good thing you knew when it was too much for you to handle and got her to a vet that knew how to work on goats.

12. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :( oh im sorry.

at least you took her too the vet, so you wouldnt have lost the doe. good thinking. :hug:

13. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Thank you. I now realize how luck I am to have a goat vet. We even had to have a small animal vet come in, she had really little hands and is a goat person.

I am very thankful that I still have Chey too. I would really be hating myself right now if I had lost her too. She is doing well though. I milked her out tonight and am collecting the colostrum so I will have some on hand.

14. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    did the vet say anything about not breeding her again? i am curious what the vet thinks.

Sorry for your loss :(

15. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I'm so sorry about losing the baby. I'm so glad you still have momma.

16. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    No, Stacy, she did not. I think the reason for that though would be because I kept saying that this was a one time only thing and I would not even think about breeding her again. She is an older doe. Some said go for it and try it. I did and I am really sorry. She should not have been bred to begin with. And for those with an older doe thinking of breeding... just say no.

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh no ........what an ordeal....I am so sorry you lost the kid.... :( :hug: .....

I am glad ...that your doe is alright.... :hug:

18. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    I am so sorry for your loss. You need a :hug: for all you went through. Wishing Cheyenne a very speedy recovery. :grouphug:

19. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    :( So sorry for your loss, and I do hope she continues to recover well. :hug:

20. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH Man, I am so sorry about your loss. Can I ask what make you take mom to the vet? Here we all were saying to relax and it will be ok. Now I feel like crap for that, but I am glad you new when something was srong and you took her.

Yes a Goat vet is worth their weight in gold that is for sure.

Now I would for sure ask the vet about re breeding her, but I have a friend that is a pygmy breeder and she has to have c Sections on a lot of her goats, and she re breeds them. These are Multiple Grand Champions.

Give mom lots of love and treats as I am sure you already are. :hug: