Kids coming soon!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Sweet Gum Minis, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Contredanse is looking really good. Her udder doubled yesterday but her ligaments are still there. I think it'll double again before she kids. She's on 142 today. Potsie appears to be going to kid on the same due date as Contredanse 1-28. She has hardly any ligaments but her udder hasn't changed at all yet. I can't wait!!!

Contredanse on 1-2...
    http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a62/Go ... 1-2-08.jpg

Contredanse today...
    http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a62/Go ... 20-081.jpg
    Sorry she's so hairy, birthing haircuts will be today.

Here's her tummy...
    http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a62/Go ... 15-082.jpg
    http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a62/Go ... -15-08.jpg

Here's Potsie on 1-2...
    http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a62/Go ... 1-2-08.jpg

Here she is today...
    http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a62/Go ... 20-081.jpg
    (She looks to have doubled since then too.)

Potsie's belly...
    http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a62/Go ... -15-08.jpg
    http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a62/Go ... 15-082.jpg

I'm so excited! Daisy is due 2-3 and she's got a tiny udder but hardly showing so she'll probably just have a single. I can't wait!

2. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    Hi Ashley,
    Pillow Scham still had strong ligaments at 5 yesterday evening which I thought was a relief because our temps were in the low single digits last night. BUT, Jeremy went out one last time to check on her around 10 or 11pm I think and she had just delivered triplets!!! Everybody was extremely cold and her after birth was freezing as she was passing it but they're all ok today. Her colostrum was freezing in the milk bucket as I was milking her. Goodness it was soooo cold.

Considering Potsie is her twin, I thought you might need to know about those last minute ligaments. :shock:

Good Luck with your girls!
    Kristen

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh wow that is scary Kristen so glad he went out when he did!

Sounds exiting Ashely - more kiddos soon!

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats on the babies!! Pics please!!!

Ashley - Good Luck! We are all in for the long haul the next week and a half!!

Al

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Thank you so much Kristen!!! I am watching and totally forgot to check ligs this evening but I have the camera on so I'm watching her. I'll go down and double check this evening before bed and might start the baby monitor tonight.

What do you think of Pillow Scham? She's a gorgeous doe, Potsie has a nice udder coming in so far and I know it'll only get bigger. :D We'd all love to see pics if you have them!

6. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    Ashley,
    Pillow has a pretty capacious udder. She's got a nice soft texture and open orifices. Her teats are well placed and hang straight down even though she certainly needs a stronger MSL. She has a wide rear udder with a good area of attachment and a smooth fore but she really needs more height in the rear. I don't see her ever winning any Best Udder awards but her capacity, teat size and placement, and udder texture are traits I want to pass along in my herd. She delivered 2 does and a buck kid last night. I'm hoping these doelings will show improved rear udder height. I have photos of the two doelings but the little buck won't stand still long enough and Pillow is still too tired and cold to even try and get udder shots yet. I'm going to try and attach them so cross your fingers. LOL.

She was really unhappy with us last weekend when we clipped her back end and udder but I'm so glad I don't have to be out there in this weather trying to clean her up. She would be extremely cross with all that messy hair frozen to her.

Can't wait to see the photos of Potsie and kids!
    Kristen

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Awwww they're so cute!!! I've only got what Sue said about Potsie's udder to go by. She had a good MSL and good attachments. I can't wait to see her full since I've never see her udder yet.

Potsie wasn't happy with the birthing haircut either. LOL We did that today. Contredanse stood stock still for her clipping, gosh that was wonderful!

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    The babies are soooo cute! Congrats!

It is so cold here, I would rather not clip and take warm water and light blow dryer for cleaning her up and of course the heat lights. Besides - I think she will FLIP out if I try and clip her.

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    WOW,Ashley, they are certainly looking close! How many do you think they'll have? Binky looks alot like Contradense in udder and belly.
    Kristen.....Congrats..and Thank goodness your hubby checked when he did, those are some beautiful lil' girl kids!

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I don't really know how many. I'm just shooting with twins to be on the safe side. More the merrier but I'm thinking at least twins each.

Contredanse had twins last time, Potsie had triplets.

11. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    Thanks Liz. Yeah - he doesn't want anybody to know it but he gets just as excited about kidding season as me and my daughters do. LOL.

Thankfully, we're supposed to have highs in the 40s this afternoon so I'm hoping they've made it through the worst of their winter as tiny babies. When I went out before dawn this morning to check on them our temp here was 0! But the triplets were all curled up together and they were warm to touch. Goats are so amazing! I couldn't sleep a wink worrying about them and they barely seemed to notice the temps. We're done now until March :cool:

Kristen

12. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    Well triplets seem to run in Potsie's family. Why not shoot for three! Can't wait to hear what she has for you. :greengrin:

Kristen

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I agree. I can't wait too! She had triplets last time and 2 does and a buck like Pillow so I'd be happy with anything with some does in it.

So far our Nigerians thus far, haven't broken the more than one doe trend. I mean even in the triplets we've had we've only gotten 1 in the litter. We've been pretty blessed to get at least 1 doe in every litter but more than one would be nice. ;)

14. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I thought I had posted here already... hmm strange. ANYWAYS I can not wait to see what your does have Ashley!

15. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I know, sometimes the forum isn't showing new posts to me, I'll just happen to see someone's name as the last one to post and realize I haven't read it. Weird.

I think Pot's udder will get bigger yet. I'm waiting and watching. They're on 143 today and they're calling for a wintery mix tonight/tomorrow morning. Figures. LOL

16. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    They look like their getting close Ashely, good luck!

Kristen, those babies are just precious!! :D

17. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I didn't feel any ligaments earlier today on Potsie and at dinner time the same. No change in her udder though. I'm watching her and she's been up and down around the stall and pawing and laying in one corner. I don't really think she'll go yet but I'll watch.

18. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    She's definitely uncomfortable. She's been up and down a lot. Course with that wide load who could blame her for being uncomfortable. Haha

19. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Ashley - there was not a huge change in my does udder - sooooo - make sure and keep a close eye and ear on her!!!!!

More babies soon!! WOO HOO