The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a set of 3 mo old twin does and a 4 mo old doe and the 4 mo old wont quit Raming the younger ones whether its over feed or just to get it out if her way is there a way to break her from this I hate her being that way already so young and bullying I want to put my 6to 7 mo old ones with them but afraid they will be ruff with the little ones too any suggestions !!

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
They're establishing a pecking order. There's not a whole lot you can do besides separate them for now, but let them share a fenceline so they can interact, and then once they seem to be fairly used to each other, put them back together. Make sure to have feeding areas spread out. If you have 2 goats...have 3 piles of hay...4 goats, have 5...etc. That will help. Sometimes you just have to let them work it out though...it's normal for the dominant goat to show the weaker one they're the boss and once they get it settled...they usually get along just fine.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She's not hurting them that I can tell I just Diddnt want her to continue to be this way for when they get older i don't want to have to worry about her ramming them and them loosing their babies like my older doe did to one so hopefully they will settle I believe they were together in same pen when I got them so its not like they ain't used to each other she just boss lol

·
Super Moderator
83,058 Posts
It is pecking order, a normal thing goats do.
It is good, they are getting it settled while young, but yet, the pecking order can change, if one gets brave enough to challenge the herd Queen.

When they are older and preggo. If any are slamming, being violent about it, then, you can separate if needed.
As long as they are not doing major damage and a occasional head butt, it is OK. ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks !! I appreciate all the help !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts