Kids going to new home

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by PotterWatch, Mar 4, 2009.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch New Member

Jan 23, 2009
    So. California
    Two of Bella's kids are going to their new homes today. She has a third that we are keeping. I'm just wondering how upset she will be and how long she will be upset about it. We live in a suburban area and I worry about how much noise the goats make as I don't want neighbors complaining about it to the city. Thanks!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    how old are the kids that are leaving?

if they are 8 weeks or more then she hardly will miss them especialy since you are keeping a kid who will distract her from the missing kids.

3. PotterWatch

PotterWatch New Member

Jan 23, 2009
    So. California
    They are just about 8wks, (less a couple days). I was hoping that she wouldn't be too upset. I have to say that as adorable as they are... I am glad to see these boys go! They are obnoxious!! My other doe, who should be kidding any day now, really gets the worst of it. The little boys are constantly after her, mounting, stamping, sniffing, etc. I think she will be thrilled to have them gone. I like having the kids around me when I am out, but it will be nice to just have one in my lap and not all three jockeying for position.

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    are they going as bucks or wethers?

wethers tend to calm down some so next time you are going to sell the boys as wethers you can wether as soon as they start to get obnoxious like that.

Mom will probably be happy to have only one to take care of

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    It is a bitter sweet feeling when they leave isn't it? I have to get rid of a lot of mine right now. I am up to 29 and I have several more pregnant that I was not aware of. I hate to sell them they are very sweet but these people are taking three and I know they are going to a very loving home.

6. PotterWatch

PotterWatch New Member

Jan 23, 2009
    So. California
    One is going as a buck and the other as a wether. The one who is staying a buck is the really obnoxious one. He's been trying to be a big buck since he was about 3wks old. Men @@.

7. PotterWatch

PotterWatch New Member

Jan 23, 2009
    So. California
    Well, she did fine until it was time to shut them up for the night. Now she is out there bawling her head off.

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    awe poor thing. She will settle down soon though. Hopefully you only have on night of it.

9. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, she should settle down soon. I only have a couple who will scream for days when their kids leave. . . most, it is just for the night and they are quickly over it.

10. PotterWatch

PotterWatch New Member

Jan 23, 2009
    So. California
    Well, she is still at it this morning. She isn't quiet unless one of us is out there right with her. I really hope it doesn't last since our neighbors already don't like our goats. I feel bad for her, but it is driving me crazy!