Kid's heartbeats??

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by FunnyRiverFarm, Jan 19, 2010.

1. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    I was just curious to find out if anyone ever listens to their preggo doe's bellies for the kids heart beats (with a stethoscope, of course). If you've tried, were you successful? At what point during gestation does it become possible to hear the kid's heartbeats? Thanks in advance for any replies. :)

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yep i have. Usually in the last month of gestation is when i can hear them. It's awesome. :D

3. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I have to admitt I do also. My husband jokes that I am a goat dr. I did go to school for that but a dr. of education not goats!

4. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    I too listen for the heartbeats. Its amazing to hear them. I have several disposable stethoscopes from the hospital and they work great. Usually the last month is when I can hear them best.

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'm guilty too.... though it's hard for me to get a good heart sound, mostly all I hear are gut sounds and moms heartbeat.

6. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio
  7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am going to have to try it.... :wink: :greengrin:

8. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Well, I guess I am going to try this when my girls are a bit farther along! Thanks, everyone! :cool:

9. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    I must admit... I bought a stethoscope from Hoeggar's for this very purpose... I haven't done it yet but I definitely will soon, my Em is due in about a month!

Has anyone been able to tell multiples vs. singles from listening to the heartbeat, or is that pretty much impossible with all the other noises in there?

10. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    I just heard the heartbeat and knew there was a baby. How many I couldn't tell until they came out :)

11. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Ive never done this, and hubby works for a vet, we always have one around. Gonna have to listen when weather gets better outside :)