The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering about getting the kids to drink water. Their poo is getting dry and not segmenting into cocoa pebbles. I offer minerals, but they don't eat them much either. Any ideas on how to encourage them to drink water? Seem to be relying on their bottles for all moisture.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mine did to. They were on bottles until 4 or 5 months, with hay and grain. They completely ignored the grain and eventually discovered hay, and finally discovered grain. I kept their water bucket full with fresh water every day, I think they just found it on their own. It helped that one of the babies loved drinking water on is own so I think the others just did what he did.. My almost-yearlings just recently started eating minerals...I kept them out but they had no interest in them.
Do you have others that you can keep them around so they can "monkey-see-monkey-do"?

·
Registered
118 Posts
The idea of putting branches in the water makes since. It does not seem like mine drink that much water anyways, but when I go pick grass and brush, they end up filling their smaller water bucket with pieces of it....

Goats are strange little creatures....that is all I know for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts