Kiko Bagging

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Lexibot, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    Okay, I am 90% sure Speckles is due to kid, But what I don't know is WHEN???!!!!

I got her July 23rd; her breeder said we MAY expect a baby as she was with a buck. Well, she's gotten pretty ROUND now, I can pretty much tell this isn't bloat... she looks... REALLY good :p

Anyway, I was talking with a friend online in a game, and I recently found out he started breeding goats, he deals with boars, and he told me boar will "bag up" about a month before delivery. Well, this would be nice if kikos did the same, so I know about when to expect babies (if any), but I also know that my dairy goats didn't do this!

So I am asking, does anyone know if Kikos bag up a month before delivery? Do dairy goats do too, or did I get a bad batch of does?

2. Paige

Paige Senior Member

Oct 14, 2010
    ohio
    Im not sure about kikos but yes dairy does do start making a little milk about a month before.

3. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Most goats will start a bag about 6 weeks prior to delivery and be completely full by and tight by delivery. There are exceptions to every rule....but for the most case....6 weeks is the magic number. :)

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I agree with Jess..regardless of the purpose of breed, udders start forming around 6 weeks before, and will steadily grow until the day they deliver.
    Some does though will "suddenly" have an udder 2 weeks before and will normally be full within a day of delivery

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    agree, even with boers it's the same as any other goat

6. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    Thanks for replies guys! :)

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member