Kind Gentleman

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by StaceyRosado, Nov 7, 2007.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    my first mini goats I bought from a guy in PA. Aspen and Kohana (sold).

Well I just had to tell someone of his kindness towards me. First he gave me a deal because I traveled 2 hours. So of course I went back to him again (that time for Destiny and Mia).

well anyway I keep in touch with him and now and again send people his way.

Well he does the kindest thing, if he knows I sent them to him (I usually call him to ask if I can pass his cell number on to prospective buyers) and they buy a goat I get a "commission check"

Sometimes it is just something small other times it is pretty big! He never fails to send something to me.

Anyway I thought I would share that bit of good breeder relationship. This guy doesn't have pubreds or even know the difference between Nigerian and pygmy but he has a big heart for animals and certainly takes care of me for my efforts in helping him.

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    That is what our lives are supposed to be about. Helping people within our "circle".

I had posted on another site that I was taking reservations for my kids, and I had a gentleman respond asking questions about goat rearing.

Then his wife started emailing me. I offered to let them come to my ranch and see my set up. I offered to give them all information that I had and would answer what ever questions that I could. I also told them that it was not about them buying goats from me, that I am just willing to help them out as they need!

Needless to say they have reserved 4 babies from kidding season. And the son loved an alpine cross that was there for breeding. I have let the family know that if they would like a baby from her that I can contact the owner for them. They are a really neat family.

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    That is a very nice story Stacey...you are helping him out and he is returning the favor...goes to show that there are decent people in this world...we may not encounter them every day..but when we do we can certainly appreciate them. And it feels good when you can relate to a "kind" person.

4. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I try to do what is right because I wish to think well of myself but boy is it nice to get some feedback from people that they appreciate your efforts too.
    Stacey, he sounds like a man that I would wish to have dealings with too.