The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Even if I don't get what I'm hoping for, he's darn cool looking and angora babies are always cute as little buttons. I'll be happy with anything and use all of the fiber, even this bucks for something. Have a great weekend everybody :)

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
4,911 Posts
Very cool! Are buckskin Angoras unusual?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Clementegal - looking at Max, I see the body shape of my buck. They have a nice build and big hooves. I bet there's a few of those running around out there on the reservation romancing the angora goats. lol

·
Registered
499 Posts
Thanks! Haha he is quite the romancer! And I'm very lucky to get that nice pic of him "smiling" he normally isn't a people lover lol! I love angoras I've always wanted one but I'm lucky I even convinced my parents to let me get nigies! I also love the floppy ears of the angora buck they remind me of a buck I once had who followed me around like a puppy!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had a lot of floppy earred dogs growing up. Dachshunds and bassets were probably where my love for floppy ears began. I enjoy the way the goats follow me around. This year, I raised twin doe kids as bottle babies. They are 7 months old now, look like adorable floppy earred, curly haired stuffed animals, and they follow me, talk to me, and act like I hung the moon. :) This year has been the best year yet with angora goats. I truly love them.

·
Premium Member
10,547 Posts
I love his color, but I would bet my goats that he is a Cashgora, Cashmere Angora. He has the fleece just like my Cashgoara I had. They have long beautiful fleece just not as fine as cashmere.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sweetgoats - I never considered that. I have little cashgora experience. I'm so glad you posted because he's had me a little baffled. For a 3 year buck, he is unusually fine compared to my angora bucks the same age and finer than some of my younger ones. His hair is fine, curly, and against the skin soft everywhere except his back. His back isn't bad. It's just different..coarser and straighter. Do you have a pic of your buck you could post?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Those badger faced Angora goats are becoming popular there were quit a few at the Estes Wool Market this year.

But I agree with sweetgoats, his horns aren't the typical angora shape. They look more cashmere shaped. In addition his seemingly half white half colored appearance raises my suspicion. He may not be exactly half and half, but he's certainly not purebred of either angora or cashmere.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts