Kinder pics

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by lissablack, Feb 3, 2010.

1. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I think I might have figured out what I have been doing wrong about getting pics posted, so I'm going to try now. If it doesn't work this stupid post with no pictures will be here (sorry)

Jan

[​IMG]
    This is Madame with her newborn kid Bolt, he is a wether now.

[​IMG]
    This is Tsu, one of my nubians, with her daughter Browner

[​IMG]
    This is Browner and her sister Blacker, when they were kids.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    very beautiful..... :greengrin: :love:

3. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Thank you very much! I am really happy I figured it out, I just was expecting to see the pics before I hit "submit".

Jan

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Very nice looking goats!! I absolutely love the twin does' names!!! I've never seen a true kinder...amazing how the 2 breeds "work" together to get such a pretty goatie. Bolt sure is a cutie, he has the classic newborn pygmy face, short and chubby.

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I love that last picture - they are so darn cute!

6. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I think Bolt's face changed a bit, here's a picture of him when he was older. I don't have him anymore, he went to a friend.
    [​IMG]

I really love the kinders, they are just right for an all purpose homestead goat. Some of them make quite a bit of milk, too. I'm not sure yet how that is going to work out for mine. This year I will see udders from the first does who were born here, that is going to be a big deal for me. The two does I got from Missouri have lovely udders, but the one with the near perfect udder has tiny teats. And quite a bit of milk. They are too small and don't make enough milk for commercial uses, but they are great for homestead uses.

Here's one of my bucks, Domino.
    [​IMG]

Jan

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Domino is GORGEOUS! Bolt still has a cute face and just look at his eyes! They are so sweet looking.

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    very nice!

so your buck is what generation Kinder?

9. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    WOW! Are they cool looking or what?! I've never seen a kinder personally.

10. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Bolt really is cute, and he is also very sweet, everyone was seriously taken with him.

Domino is a first generation kinder. My other buck, Ray, is a second generation. He is solid black. Of the two does I got from Missouri, Madame is a second generation, and her grandmother was a pygmy goat. The other is Triscuit, she is a fourth generation. All the kids born here are first or second generation. There are no other kinders in New Mexico that we know about. I gather there were some at one time, but not anymore, only me. I'm hoping to change that. This is Triscuit - you can sort of see her udder.

[​IMG]

11. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

What exactly is a kinder? I didnt know it was a cross.

12. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    A kinder is a cross between a nubian and a pygmy in the first generation only. After that they are only bred kinder to kinder. This is the father of all my first generation kinders so far, the nubian I have bred this year is bred to a different pygmy buck this time.

[​IMG]
    He is Silver, he went to live with the person in my county who is the center of the thriving pygmy goat community here. She has quite a few bucks, so I am going to be able to get more variety. And my Silver thinks he went to heaven, he got to breed some pygmy does.

13. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Alright so mini nubians are nigi and nubian, and Kinders are pigmy and nubian. Wow nubians are used alot i see.

14. Seven Dwarfs

Seven Dwarfs New Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Brush Prairie Wa
  15. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Beautiful goats!! They are all so pretty! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

16. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Oh my, the pic of Bolt as a baby is adorable. I like his older pic too. Very sharp pics-good photograper/camera. :thumb: Thanks for sharing!

17. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Yes Nubians are used a lot. It seems like many of the dairy breeds are getting crossed with Nigerians now to get smaller versions, but I think the nubians were used regularly first. But is might be accidental. The first kinders that were named kinders and caused the registry to be started were bred because the founder of the breed had nubians and pygmies and her nubian buck died. She wanted the nubian bred and the pygmy buck was volunteering, so she had this cross. They turned out to be such great goats that she did all the work to actually start to establish a breed. When I got started with kinders I had no idea how difficult it would be to have a breed that doesn't exist anywhere near me. Can't even imagine how it would be to literally be the only one. That was about 25 years ago.

Thanks you everyone for your nice comments.

Jan