kitten issues need help

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Shelly Borg, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    My vary sweet but vary vary dum cat Little Dog had kittens early this morning. She is a outside cat. (No potty manners she will pee in the middle of the floor right next to you and not cover it up. ). These kittens where not planed and we found out she was preggers when we took her to the vet to get her fixed.

Anyways late last night she was hanging from the window screen screaming at us. Early this morning she had 2 tiny tiny kittens. She cleaned up afterbirth and walked away. She will lay with them when we are petting her but as soon as we stop she walks away.

We have dried them off and keeping them warm. What's there chance with out "first milk" (not spelling well this morning). Can they drink goats milk? How or what can we mix with it.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Here is a great link... that should help

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5049&hilit=baby+kittens

Maybe your cat needs... to be taught ...how to be a momma....be there everytime the kittens need there feedings....so she will stay with them a while......and she may learn ...that she is suppose to do that..... good luck.. :wink: :hug:

3. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

Get them to suckle off her at least once or twice. kittens are hardy, so if you put them on goat milk, they should do alright. I used regular baby formula on both puppies and kittens and they did fine. I'd go to the vet office/pet/farm store and buy some nutrical *nutri-gel??* it's a miracle worker.
    Bottle-raising kittens has its pros and cons. the pros are, it's enjoyable and worth it. the cons------------eight weeks an up they don't mind biting their mama's fingers or climbing her like a tree when they get scared. my cat einstein sits on my shoulder while I do chores.

4. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    Thank you for the link. *sigh* well she has 3 now. The last one was born on my bed. Any one want kittens in about 8 weeks?

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your very welcome... good luck.. :hug: