kitties just got home from the vet...they are really PO'd

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Di, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Oh my! Gracie and Samantha (Siamese) just got home after their spay...Gracie sounded like a tiger in the crate!! Grooowwwwllll! She is very mad at me...Sam is just aloof. Do you think they will ever forgive me?

2. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    I'm sure they will, but they'll probably be angry at the world for a day or so :wink: . Cats deffinitely have a way of making you think everything that is wrong in the world is your fault heehee My kitty sat in a chair for two days and refused to get up much and acted pretty pitiful (I think she was moslty groggy and sore), then on the second day after the surgery she hopped off and acted like her normal self and didn't show any discomfort after that. I think she was mostly embarassed because her long beautiful black hair had been shaved off her tummy which made her look funny LOL

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah they do forgive. But give them their space right now and until they feel better.

4. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I'm sitting here checking out TGS having my 1st :coffee: with my two little kitties both sitting on my lap! They are still sleeping alot. But, they seem to be doing well in their recovery. It was so quiet when they were gone. I'm so happy to have them home, can't wait for them to start getting back to normal.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Di, How are they doing? I bet it is more them acting to the meds that they were given, not the fact that they are mad. I bet they are just scared, and not sure what is going on.

6. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Hi Lori, Oh they are doing very well. They are still resting alot...but it's just recuperating. Absolutely normal. The surgical site is nice and clean...it's not inflammed at all. And, they have forgiven me :clap: they have been sleeping with me, one on either side, close enough that I can't move! So, soon we'll be back to normal.

And guess what? Got my chicken house cleaned out saturday! New chicks (fully feathered, about 6-7 weeks old now I guess), are moved out of the barn into the coop. Hens are almost totally ignoring them (that's a good thing).

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That is wonderful news.
    The lase cats I had spayed, one had a really bad reaction to the meds, and the vet had to keep her for a extra day to get her to come out of it.
    Sounds like you were very busty this weekend.

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I know , they certainly seem to hold a grudge don't they? :p My 16 year old is the only female cat I have, spayed of course, the older she gets the more attitude she has! My 2 boys Smokey and Buster, seemed to do ok, Buster was certainly PO'd though and hid for a week!

Lori, I know this was a mistype but I got a chuckle!
    :slapfloor:

Di, my Old girl Sassy, had gotten her stitches out a week after her surgery, she just kept licking at them til she got them worked out, everything turned out fine though she didn't cause any problems with the incision by grooming too much, some kitties just like to be xtra clean.

9. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I think the recovery is well on it's way. Gracie was just chasing a bug! Sam was sitting on the back of the sofa. I have heard that Siamese sometimes have trouble with anesthesia. I think that's why Dr. wanted to keep them 2 days. But, they came through with flying colors. Whew!