The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I decided to knit my future baby goats some sweaters and I kinda went out of hand and knitted eleven. (embarrassed) Even though I only have two does bred. I had so much fun doing it, and it taught me so many new knitting skills that I just couldn't stop! I made a few different sizes and styles. I don't even know if any will really fit, but as I said it was fun and that's all that really matters.
Light Rectangle Textile Flooring Woolen
Rectangle Textile Sleeve Creative arts Art
Rectangle Textile Creative arts Magenta Flooring

Here's one on the only model I had, my stuffed donkey, Joshua.
Toy Dog breed Fawn Creative arts Art

·
Super Moderator
32,277 Posts
Those are cute. Nice job. I tried to crochet a blanket. Ended up being a triangle (embarrassed) lol

·
Registered
452 Posts
Wow!! Those are stunning! You are really talented!

I have a friend who makes kid coats similar to yours, except hers have 4 cut out holes for the legs and no girth. With buck kids, it tends to be neater that way and make it easier to use them on more kids. It also helps them stay on better. There is a very good market for selling them, although you can never have too many yourself! Your does might surprise you and have quints!;)

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Those are super adorable. I have always wanted to learn to knit. I can crochet and have made a lot of quilts. Knitting always seemed harder lol.
I can do both and I don't find knitting that much harder. There is a little bit of a learning curve until you get the tension even, but there are lots of resources online for learning. You should give it a shot!

Wow!! Those are stunning! You are really talented!

I have a friend who makes kid coats similar to yours, except hers have 4 cut out holes for the legs and no girth. With buck kids, it tends to be neater that way and make it easier to use them on more kids. It also helps them stay on better. There is a very good market for selling them, although you can never have too many yourself! Your does might surprise you and have quints!;)
Thanks so much! I did consider buck kids in my design, but with no experience I have no idea whether they are going to work or not. This is what it looks like underneath. I'm hoping that they will be far up enough not to get peed on, but I might have to adjust them if they come down too far. Four leg holes is an interesting idea. I'll have to think about that. And oh gosh, I hope they don't both have quints, that would be a lot for both my and their first time!:dazed:
Azure Purple Creative arts Violet Rectangle

·
Registered
452 Posts
I love the patterns and color combinations! You do amazing work!
If you would like measurements for them, pm me and I can give you some. My kids used to model my friend's coats and I would help her size them for different ages so I have a few charts.

4 leg holes does make it much harder for them to take them off. I very rarely had a kid able to do it, even with help from their friends, lol, and mine were good at figuring out how to get the coats with only 2 holes off.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts