The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my bucks, Cullen knocked one of his scurs off this morning. He was left with about an inch of bloody stump on the top of his head. It is not bleeding very much, not even running down his face. I dabbed a little blu- kote on it and put some wonder dust on a little later. Immediately after I did, he itched at it with his hoof and kind of rubbed the dust off. Is there anything else I should do other than keep an eye on it? He also seems a bit subdued this morning, but he's eating and drinking so at this point I am not too concerned.

Part two of my post: There has been a ridiculous amount of blubbering and general mayhem from the bucks these past few days. Lots of blubbering, pawing at the girls through the fence (by the way the chicken wire over the hog wire has been working great), and fighting with each other. My question is Phantom, my other buck, has been making his warning sneeze noise a lot. He mostly does it when he sees the girls, but sometimes he does it for seemingly no reason at all. He doesn't have any discharge around his nose or eyes, and he is acting otherwise completely normal and extremely active. Is this increased sneeze warning thing normal?

·
Registered
30,652 Posts
My question is Phantom, my other buck, has been making his warning sneeze noise a lot.
Yes this is normal flirting business..no worries : )

·
Registered
354 Posts
Funny thing, this just happened to one of my bucks. The bloody nub looks worse than it really is. It was dried up after a few days and he was even head butting other goats as soon as it dried up, which he wasn't doing right after it fell off. And this was a huge scur! It actually looked more like a horn about 3 inches long and 2 inches wide, so I was not expecting it to come loose at all and it was actually kind of cool to see how much flesh was under it! All I did was spray it with fight bac every day because I saw that flies were trying to land on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts