The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our breedings are done finally (maaayyybe one more next month, if I can get over late April babies). This will be the most we've kidded out ever. Last year was 6 girls. This year we have 10-11 馃槵 aaaannnnd 7 of them are due from Feb 22-Mar 2...馃お

Our focus is mostly on milk and udders. Confirmation is a given but more emphasis for us is on their production since they are dairy goats. Going to screenshot from our site to make pics easier.

DEC 13, 2021 - Jacinth x Camembert, I leased Cam this year, he's an F1 mini-Nubian I swapped him and Jake with another breeder for a couple of months. I intend to keep a buckling from this pairing to hopefully bring in better shoulders/briskets in the rest of my herd. It will also be a completely unrelated buck as I have a good bit of 2 lines in there already. F1 mini-Nubian kids.

Hair Photograph Jaw Terrestrial animal Working animal

DEC 20, 2021 - Mercy x Ruler, Mercy will be leaving right after kidding as I have kept 2 of her daughters and I need to make room. Purebred Nubian kids.

Head Eye Natural environment Dog breed Working animal

JAN 22, 2021 - Ladybug x Camembert, I love Ladybug's attachments, they are deep on the sides. Hoping Cam improves her teat size and brings them in more. F1 mini-Nubian kids.

Hair Head Working animal Horse Terrestrial animal

FEB 22, 2022 - Peach x Ruler, this is my favorite girl. Love her udder and just improving production. Ruler's dam (Genesis down below) milks 2 gallons a day. F1 mini-Nubian kids.

Photograph Working animal Dog breed Grass Terrestrial animal

FEB 24, 2022 - Mocha x Jake, Mocha is Ladybug and Java's daughter. I love this girl and am excited to see her udder. She is so hardy, stays fat on nothing, great hooves among her conformation pros. She's bred to Jake who is my homegrown buck out of Peaches (above). F2 mini-Nubian kids

Photograph Vertebrate Green Product Mammal

FEB 26, 2022 - Calla x Jake, Calla was my Top Ten milker last year. She's a mini-Nubian and milked 1700# this year. Calla is leaving after kidding. I'm keeping a daughter hoping Jake tightens up her attachments and gives her a better fore. (pocket) F2 mini-Nubian kids.

Working animal Dog breed Grass Terrestrial animal Snout

FEB 27, 2022 - Genesis x Java, Leasing Genesis for this year for breeding and milking. So breeding her to Java for foundation stock as my lines are based on her and Peach mostly. She is Ruler's dam. She milked 3182# of milk her last lactation. Her sire has been Elite year after year. Really love this girl and am thankful we get to lease her for a year. F1 mini-Nubain kids.

Photograph Organism Working animal Grass Terrestrial animal

MAR 2, 2022 - Lulu x Java, My Lulu girl is one of our favorites. Breeding for more foundation stock. Java is leaving this year and we'll be moving away from 50/50 crosses so I was trying to use him more heavily. F1 mini-Nubian kids.

Organism Working animal Terrestrial animal Snout Grass

Those are who we have kidding. The first 3 are confirmed bred and already getting baby bellies! The rest we will confirm Nov 1st. I do have 2 more girls. Belle is 12 and I've had a hard time getting her to settle so we'll see if he does, she is bred to Jake. If she is she's due Feb 18. Sunny is not ready until late Nov and if she does get bred, it will be to Java or Babby (Peaches sire that I have access to) and will be due late April. So potentially 2 more to this list. We are going to be busssssyyyy the last week of Feb! I can't wait lol.

I know for sure I'm keeping a Jacinth buckling and a Calla daughter (if they give me those) but everyone else, I have no idea...I'll have to wait until they're all here!

Attachments

Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
Oh my goodness! They look AMAZING! I cant believe how much better they look! Wow! Cant wait to see the wee ones. Im Hopeing to see if the Roan comes through. They are soooo pretty! Good luck & happy Kidding!

Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
I LOVE seeing your stunning goats and their fantastic udders!! Can't wait to see your kids! Hope everything goes well/smooth!

By the way, I recognized Java's dam's udder. Mayzee currently lives at Digging Deeper Farm (which is only about two hours away from me), and they sold one of Mayzee's daughters to a farm that's located even closer to me (Crooked Branch Farm) and I'm considering getting a doeling from Digging Deeper Freya (Mayzee's daughter) this coming spring if she has one!!

Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I LOVE seeing your stunning goats and their fantastic udders!! Can't wait to see your kids! Hope everything goes well/smooth!

By the way, I recognized Java's dam's udder. Mayzee currently lives at Digging Deeper Farm (which is only about two hours away from me), and they sold one of Mayzee's daughters to a farm that's located even closer to me (Crooked Branch Farm) and I'm considering getting a doeling from Digging Deeper Freya (Mayzee's daughter) this coming spring if she has one!!
Oh really? That's awesome! I'll have to go stalk her over there! I really love what Java puts out, his kids are great. His biggest flaw is forward set shoulders, but his kids are wide little tanks!

Thank you all! I really love our little herd here. Hoping all works as it's planned! And yes, def need a quiet easy kidding this year!!

ETA: Ahhh that must have been where I found the pic of the udder. However, I noticed Mocha's coloring really takes after Mayzee's there. Interesting. Java is more silvery and black. He doesn't have any tan.

Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
Oh really? That's awesome! I'll have to go stalk her over there! I really love what Java puts out, his kids are great. His biggest flaw is forward set shoulders, but his kids are wide little tanks!
Glad to hear you are very pleased with Java and his offspring!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts