The Goat Spot Forum banner
301 - 320 of 449 Posts

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #301 ·
I mean, if she wants to go early ya know...I don't really have a problem with that 😂 Ohhh let me go check the weather this week for the worst day, that will be the day LOL

Ohhh I must go check the thread!! Congrats!

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
4,130 Posts
I mean, if she wants to go early ya know...I don't really have a problem with that 😂 Ohhh let me go check the weather this week for the worst day, that will be the day LOL

Ohhh I must go check the thread!! Congrats!
Doe code says the worst day to humans is the best day for the doe!😁😁😁

And okay! Tell me what you think of my new doeling when you see her!😁

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
6,785 Posts
Why sure...you got crudey weather, you get kids. Especially if its raining, cold, late at night, and she puts her back end in the back dirty corner! Just so you cant see, have to be on your knees in the mud, holding a flashlight!😁😳😱

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #304 ·
Why sure...you got crudey weather, you get kids. Especially if its raining, cold, late at night, and she puts her back end in the back dirty corner! Just so you cant see, have to be on your knees in the mud, holding a flashlight!😁😳😱
Were you spying on me last year??

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #306 ·
So, according to this, I say Thurs or Fri, in the wee hours of the morning, when it's near freezing...last year she had them at 7:00am when it was about low 30s......yep sounds about right.

Flower Rectangle Organism Font Petal

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·
At least she’s not due tomorrow when it’s supposed to be frigid! They’re saying cold, and snow in East Texas🥶
How far east? We are considered deep east...my kids would go nuts if they saw some snow LOL

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #310 ·
She's looking like she's dropping a bit maybe? Not holding my breath on anything. I got a quick feel of ligs ( I have to be insanely quick as she runs) and they were softer but there still. You can see her spine more all of the sudden.

Eye Dog breed Goat Fawn Grass

Photograph Dog Working animal Grass Carnivore

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #312 · (Edited)
Our weather guy shows it dropping along the eastern border of Texas pretty far south....it’s moving East at a good clip and it’s gonna be COLD 🥶😱
Huh, I will have to go check the wether site shortly!

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #313 ·
Well...no snow for us. That's a good thing for me, my kids, they don't think so. Ummmm but it's gonna be coolllllldddddd. So ready for March...nice weather and green growth everywhere. These gray skies and brown everywhere....blllaaaahhhhh

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
2,150 Posts
Huh, I will have to go check the wether site shortly!
I love how us goat people are so used to spelling "wether" that sometimes we'll get mixed up with what weather/wether/whether we should use. Non goat people are lucky....they only have two kinds of "weather" (whether). 😉😋😅

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #315 ·
I love how us goat people are so used to spelling "wether" that sometimes we'll get mixed up with what weather/wether/whether we should use. Non goat people are lucky....they only have two kinds of "weather" (whether). 😉😋😅
🤭 :ROFLMAO:😂 Totally missed that one!!!!

I do that with the plural of doe. I'll be reading and see "she does do that" and read doe(s) in my head 😂

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #319 ·

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #320 ·
Day 143...getting in that final stretch now! Thankfully I have lots to keep me busy this week as I wait. I was taking pics this morning and she gave me the crazy eye..."Stop taking pics of me!!" lol.

Vertebrate Working animal Goat Mammal Terrestrial animal

But I think she is slowly dropping. Her spine is starting to poke up and she's hollowing a little. Ligs were still the same. She isn't posty here, just tucked her legs up as she was on alert...my daughter was in the barn and she wanted breakfast.

Eye Vertebrate Plant Mammal Goat

And here is Genesis just cause...I just love this girl...can't wait to see her kids.

Working animal Plant Terrestrial animal Snout Landscape

301 - 320 of 449 Posts