KRDG Kidding thread late 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Jubillee, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Just over 6 weeks until our first kidding of this year. We have 3 due in early December then 3 due in late Feb. The February bunch is going to be fun...our bucks learned to jump the fence and got in and we have 2 bucks that bred 5 girls. Of course they ALL decided to come into heat at the same time...so we'll be doing some DNA testing in February...yay...lol.

Due Dec 1 - Ladybug (PB Nubian) bred to Java (PB ND) for F1 mini-Nubian kids. Kind of excited about them. Ladybugs dam milked 14lbs, Java is a Virtual Champion in the MDGA shows. Both are super wide, easy keepers, hardy, great milk and accomplishments behind them (and for Java, in his daughters). Ladybug is a first freshner.

LB Java.jpg

Due Dec 7 - Mercy (PB Nubian) bred to Ruler (PB Nubian)
    Really looking forward to these as it's a line breed on a beautiful doe where Mercy got her beautiful socked on udder from. I absolutely loved her FF udder this year, she only had a single and did 6lbs/day this year, but she has milk behind her. She earned her star this year making her a 16*M. Ruler's dam peaked at 20lbs this year in milk, usually milking in the teens. He has excellent lines behind him and after his dam's milk test completes, he will be a *B. He was only 6-7 months in the pic below. The pic of Mercy was from today.

Mercy Ruler.jpg

Due Dec 10 - Calla (F5 mini-Nubian) bred to Ruger (F1 mini-Nubian) for F2 kids.
    Calla is one of my most favorite girls. I love her. She earned her milk star this year and is a 3*P. Milked 1335# in 305 days after having a single kid. She would have milked more but we got a case of mastitis that dried up one side. Looking forward to what she will milk next year. She is like milking a pillow and it just falls out. Ruger comes from very milky Nubian lines and it ends up being a line breed on the mini side.

calla ruger.jpg

The rest of the girls are due around Feb 26th-ish. We will be blood testing them in a week or so. All would be bred to either Ruler or Ruger above. Or both...who knows. I'll get pics of them closer to their due dates.

Peaches (F1 mini)
    Shiloh (F1 mini-Nubian)
    Lulu (PB Nubian)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Pretty girls! Good luck!

3. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Sounds fun & exciting
    Can't wait to see the little ones
    Congrats & happy kidding!

MadHouse and Jubillee like this.
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. Goataddict

Goataddict Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Abuja, Nigeria
    Hoorah.

Wishing you a Happy and textbook easy kidding.

Can't wait to see the adorable babies.

6. GodsGarden

GodsGarden Active Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Colorado
    Yeah! Babies soon! Hope you have happy kiddings!

7. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  9. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Good luck with everyone’s kidding!
    (The bucks look so nice and well behaved... Ha!)

10. Ha! Don't let them fool you! They were very bad boys, ruining my plans. LOL. They will be reprimanded by their pen getting reconfigured and taller fencing. :p

11. Got blood results back so Peaches (white), Shiloh (red roan and Peaches daughter), and Lulu (blue roan and Mercy's daughter) are all bred! They're all three due Feb 23rd-ish. Give or take a day. And they will kids by either (or both) of the two boys above because...fence jumpers.

Shiloh.jpg lulu.jpg peach.jpg

12. And currently:
    Ladybug - 4 weeks left. Started her bitty udder 2 weeks ago and it's slowly been filling
    Mercy - 4.5 weeks left
    Calla - 5 weeks left

lb.jpg lb2.jpg mercy.jpg Calla.jpg calla2.jpg

And just cause, the BAD boys LOL

boys.jpg

13. MadHouse

Congratulations! So exciting, even if it is not all according to plan.
    Very nice does! And I think their name tags are cute!

Moers kiko boars and Jubillee like this.
  14. MadHouse

All beautiful goats! The boys are a cool club!

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  16. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Ohhh my LuLu is bred? Really...has it been that long? Wow...soooo cool. All your girls...and YOUR BAD BOYS! ALL look good! Very nice herd. You've done GREAT!

17. It has indeed! She will be a year in about a month. I meant to breed her to my Nigerian and not until like this next month...but crazy boys messed that up lol. She's a goof and a BIG baby, always in my business...but I love her!

18. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Oh she has grown up.so beautiful. I love her color. I always have. All of them look really good.

MadHouse and Jubillee like this.
  19. GodsGarden

GodsGarden Active Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Colorado
    The boys -- "Yeah, we cool. Did nothing wrong." lol

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  20. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Awww! Everyone is looking great! I can't wait to see Ladybugs kids. (I've always loved her) and Lulu had to get in to the act too...silly girl.
    Who can blame those boys for going a bit rouge with all those beautiful girls wagging their tails at them! Boys will be boys....
    ;)